Act I • Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"You were utterly displeased when you first came here and I doubt that you have split personality considering that you already know how I noticed."

Naomi let out a chuckle of amusement. "Shikamaru really is an interesting character aren't you." She smiled and fully faced him. "But care to tell Naomi the details?"

Disregarding how she called him a 'character' instead of a 'person',  Shikamaru leaned his head on his hand as his elbows acted as a supporter. He too was bemused by this girl since they could—quite unexpectedly— understand each other.

The lazy Nara always had to reconstruct his words into something kids his age would understand and it sucked because it takes so much of his tiny energy bar to spell ABCs, but not with her, she seemed to be able to understand him no matter by actions or words. And so he decided to humor her.

"Firstly, you were indifferent to those around you excluding your brother. Second, you even muttered curses after the teacher uttered the task. And lastly, even your brother looked surprise by your sudden change of attitude."

He then furrowed his eyebrows in thought. "Though I only have hypothetical conclusions concerning your objective, one thing I'm sure of is that you intend on keeping up with this facade for a very long time."

"Shikamaru have hit the nail on the head!" Naomi then leaned closer to the Nara, their noses almost touching, making him flustered. "Delighted to make your acquaintance, Shikamaru."

The said boy cleared his throat and nodded as he laid back his head on the desk, eyes still on the girl. "Likewise, Naomi."

Naomi squealed internally. Operation: get Shikamaru's attention— Success!

Yes, she planned it the moment she arrived at the academy.

- - ┈┈┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈┈┈ - -

After eating their bento box (to which Naruto prepared for both of him and Naomi) with Choji and Shikamaru (Naruto quickly became acquainted to them), the class continued until the school bell rang.

The kids stood up and packed their bags, their parents outside, patiently waiting to pick them up. Naomi, Naruto, Shikamaru and Choji went to the gate of the academy together and after the Nara and Akimichi said their goodbyes as they left with their parents, the twins went on their own way too.

As they were walking, Naruto halted in his tracks making his twin pause as well.

She tilted her head, smile gone. She had never have to smile so much in both of her lives and it was a very unpleasant feeling, her cheeks aches. "Something the matter?"

"Ne, Ami... You suddenly acted weird out there dattebayo." He then worriedly asked, "Are you okay?"

Naomi hummed and nodded before she continued to walk home, leaving Naruto to his thoughts. Naomi decided not to answer him, or more like, she couldn't. She had created a perfect excuse in case he might ask her about it but something stopped her. It felt— wrong, to lie to him.

Naomi sighed as she and Naruto arrived to their apartment. She immediately went to shower and changed into her night clothes, she decided to ditch training for today and laid in her bed.

First day went by without a hitch, everything went accordingly as she had anticipated, with the only exception of earlier's ordeal with her walk home with Naruto. Thad doesn't matter anymore. Right now, she must think about what she'll have to do in regards to the Uchiha massacre as well as Danzo.

It's already a given that she'd do something about Danzo, and what superb procedure to bring him down than collecting evidence of his dirty works by joining ROOT.