- just a kid -

———

On Saturday, I had the same old nightmare. Chase was the one that was traumatized by the event. So I never understood why I was the one who had it as a nightmare.

Everything started off normal. Chase was in my dream. I yelled at him, outing him to everyone in the locker room. He looked terrified and I just kept on yelling at him.

Then I finally lunged at him. That was the part when I usually woke me up. But the nightmare continued. 

Chase lost his balance and fell to the floor. I kept on throwing punches, while he protected his face with his arms.

   I suddenly stopped as I realized something. Chase was doing the same thing that August did. Chase's crying face morphed into August's calm face.

I froze and August tripped me. I fall backwards and managed to break my fall with my hands. That's when August sat up and looked at me with hatred in his eyes.

He took a deep breath and then he screamed.

I jolted awake as the sound continued to echo through my ears. ' That was a weird joke of a dream. ' I thought.

" Wake up, it's almost time for church." My mom called. I checked my phone. It was already 9:00 am.

  Which meant we had to go to church. Ugh, I didn't want to go. But then I remembered that I would probably see him there. I almost smiled at the thought of getting to see him again.

  I got up and decided to get ready. When I finished,  I excitedly grabbed my keys and ran down the stairs.

" Good morning, mom." I greeted as I passed by the kitchen, meeting her eyes for a split second.

" Honey, it's barely 9 in the morning. I'd like to see you keep that same energy for the church. " My mom yelled and I chuckled .

" You would have the same energy if you didn't stay up all night." I yelled as I found my shoes.

" Son we both know I have a Netflix addiction."  She replied and I decided to put on my shoes.

" Documentaries aren't good for you."
I added with a knowing smirk. 

" Aren't you coming today ?" I asked.

"Son?" She called and I froze. Whenever she said son something was bound to go wrong.

"Mom?"  I hesitantly answered.

" Today they're having a talk about homosexuals. Be sure to stay there and listen. Your sister can walk home." She said and my eyes widened. Gosh she was still worried about something that happened years ago. 

"Mom I'm not-." I started to speak but I noticed how my voice sounded weak.

"I know you are." She replied. I clenched my fists and breathed heavily.

" I was just a kid, I didn't know right from wrong!" I screamed and even though we couldn't see each other. I knew she had a stern look on her face.

  " Well if you aren't a fairy, then staying and listening won't kill you!" She screamed.

----

Nov, 30, 3:15pm.

I decided to do a double update to say Thanks for the overflowing support.