chapter twenty-one

I woke up to find my bed empty with no rafe by my side, I sat up from my bed and looked around my room to find rose petals leading out of my room. 

a smile appears on my face when I noticed who had done this, I got up from bed and grabbed my phone to see it flooding with notifications.

"I'll deal with this later" I whispered before walking out of my room, the rose petals still leading out of my room and now down the stairs. I followed them, in which it led me to the kitchen, it was filled with many bouquets of flowers, and wrapped presents.

the kitchen counter was filled up with all sorts of food, plates of fruit, bacon, eggs, yoghurt, juices, everything.

I banner that read 'happy birthday' was hung over the window, and there stood my two idiots. 

rafe walked slowly up to me with a smile on his face, "happy birthday gorgeous girl" pulling me into his embrace forcefully. 

"i love you"

then there stood liam, my idiot brother, the person who i loved the most. without saying a word he pulled me into a tight hug, I swear it felt like my lungs collapsed right then and there.

"I-i can't breathe" I stammered, he pulled away from me and looked to me with sorrow "happy birthday bailey may"

the two and I talked all morning about memories we made together this past few years, after they hugged me and said there happy birthday's we made our food.

the kitchen was a buffet, filled with different foods, all my favourite foods. so I stacked a whole heap onto a plate, grabbing a bit of everything.

"present time!!" my brother yelled excitedly, as if he were more excited than I was. the boys and I walked into the dining room, it was filled with presents, flowers, chocolates and cards.

I opened the ones from liam first, the first one was an anklet with my initial on it, it was white gold and the letter B was made with the stone of ruby.

his second was a rectangular shape, small and flat. I ripped the wrapped to reveal a picture, a picture which was taken 10 years ago when I was 8 and he was 10. 

we were at the zoo, liam holding a monkey while I sat there in fear, it was a very cute photo but not so cute in the moment it happened.

my eyes filling up with tears as I recalled the memory, although I hated it in the moment it was my favourite my far. he was trying to reassure me that the money wouldn't hurt me while I kept creeping towards him slowly. until the monkey jumped at me causing me to pee my pants and run into my dads arms.

I pulled my brother into hug as I wiped the tears from my eyes "i love you liam"

I looked over to rafe who was scratching the back of his head nervously "i dont know if I can top that" he murmured. 

I looked to the boy, giving him a 'are you stupid' look, the boy smirked before handing me a few little presents.

the first looked like a stack of things, it was a little tall and rectangular. the wrapping revealed a stack of writing books, plain old lines books. 

"I noticed you write all your ideas in your journal and that its almost full so" rafe pointed to the stack of books before in which I responded to by smiling. 

the second gift was a big bag with a hanger, like the type you get from the dry cleaner that usually contains a dress or clothes in general.

I unzipped the bag, inside hung a long red silk dress with a slip leading all the way up the leg. it was completely backless and flowed down beautifully. 

I looked to rafe in awe, running to him in excitement

"it's for tonight" he read my mind, I smiled brightly at the boy before heading back to the last present.

at sat back down on the seat next to my brother, the box was small with a bow on the top.

inside the box was a ring, probably the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. it was white gold with a moonstone, the band of it looking like flower vines were wrapped around it.

"omg rafe!" i exclaimed as I jumped into his arms, my heart felt like it jumped out of my chest, the ring, the dress, everything was perfect.

"it's promise ring bails, I promise you I will never let anything or anyone hurt you ever okay, and I promise that one day I will change that for a wedding ring"

god this boy could make me feel 100 things at once, he was my everything, every time I was near him I felt safe, as if I had no worries.

"i love you" I said connecting our lips softly, but then pulled away when I heard my brother gagging behind us. 

"oh stop it liam" I said punching the boys shoulder hard causing him to yell out in pain. "but seriously thank you so much" I continued pulling both the boys into my side and leaving them a kiss on the cheek each.

"so what are your plans for today princess"

"uh I had plans to hang with the pogues then come back here around 4 to get ready for the party" I replied, cleaning up the wrapping in the dining room.

the boys nodded their heads as they helped me do so, I helped them clean up the kitchen and the dining room before heading upstairs to my room with a few of the bouquets.

rafe and I laid in bed for a while before I had to go meet the pogues, although we sat in silence and held each other tight it was just nice to be in each other's presence. 

"okay I should get dressed and head off" I stated as I reached up from the bed and went over to my desk to grab my towel. the boy nodded his head in agreement as he also got up from the bed, "I'll see you later yeah?".

I nodded my head as he cupped my head into his hands and left a kiss on my head before heading back downstairs.

I brushed my teeth quickly before searching for an outfit, I picked out an orange two piece with my white wide leg beach pants.

I tied my long hair back into a low bun, and threw on a pair of black sandals. on my way out of my room I threw a towel, tanning oil and a few bottles of water. 

I sped down the stairs "see you later" I yelled from the doorway to my brother in the kitchen, "be home by 4:30 at the latest please!" he replied before I walked out to my car.

I was meeting the boys at john b's and picking them up to take them to the boneyard for a few drinks and a swim. if today was the day i bend my morals today was it.

I arrived to the cut, speeding down the boys driveway and parking next to twinkie. I walked around the side of the house to see the crew sitting on the back porch and smoking, while john b and pope were doing their lining.

"birthday girl" jj screamed as he rushed towards me, the other followed and joined in the hug roughly. 

they all said their happy birthdays as they did, once they pushed off me they ran inside to grab their things. 

"ready to go?"