chapter seven

sarah decided we would have a relaxing day, so we resulted in going to the spa for the day. I needed to get my mind to stop thinking about the events that occurred last night. 

sarah made a reservation for us at the spa, so when we arrived they showed us to our rooms. 

I changed into the robes that they had provided, sarah and I changed in front of one another, thats how close we were with one another. 

I removed my shirt, I looked at the bruises on my chest from the previous night and traced them with my fingers. sarah noticed and walked over to me, she grabbed my wrist and looked at me "your going to be okay, today we're gonna relax and try not to think about it okay?" I nodded in response.

I looked down to my arm and looked down at the stick and poke I had done last summer, sarah looked up to me then back down to the tattoo.

she traced the tattoo with her fingers as her eyes began to tear up "R is for rafe?" she asked still looking down at the tattoo, I nodded.

last summer after I found out about the bet I left for the mainland, I missed the first few weeks of school.

I fell in love with rafe that summer, I never felt that way about someone so when I was on the mainland and having a breakdown I printed an 'R' on my forearm.

my feelings for rafe had subsided but were definitely still there, he helped me out of a deep hole in my life. I helped him to get clean and work hard for his goals, no one knew we were fucking around last summer.

everyone wondered why and how rafe had changed, especially ward. ward had always been hard on rafe, he wanted rafe to take over the family business but rafe was too caught up in drugs.

after I changed into my robe I joined sarah outside, first up we had a 'couples massage'. sarah booked it so I couldn't really complain, once the lady showed us to the room I walked over to the bed and removed the robe from my torso, luckily I had a strapless bra on.

sarah's table was only two metres away from me so we could still chat while getting our backs rubbed.

the first half of the massage was quiet, we were enjoying the treatment too much to ruin it. I looked over to sarah who was clearly content with her treatment.

"sarah?" I ask trying to get her attention, she hummed implying she heard me. 

"do you think rafe still loves me?" I sighed

 she giggled and looked back over to me "I know he does, I know he seems like he hates you but In reality he hates himself for how he hurt you. he was miserable when I told him you left, he got back into drugs and parties. then when you came back he changed again, I thought it had something to do with you. but lately he's been happy, every time he sees you he just lights up"

I sighed and looked back up to the roof, if he loved me why did he do that?

why did he hurt me?

"sarah?" I asked again still looking up to the roof. this time she looked over to me with a concerned look upon her face "yeah?".

"I still love him. I know I shouldn't after what he did but I do"

sarah sat up from the table and asked the ladies to give up a moment. she walked over to me and kneeled in front of me. "I think you need to talk to him, tell him how you feel. we're having our weekly annual cameron dinner tonight and you can be my date".

                                                                     »»————-  ————-««

after a relaxing day at the spa sarah and I decided to leave to go home. sarah dropped me at my house so I could gather my things and get ready for the dinner.

after I finished my shower and washed my hair, I slid on my red silk dress and my doc martens. 

I brushed my wet hair and tied it up with a clear clip. I applied some light nude lipstick since my skin was already glowing and I didn't feel like putting makeup on.

once I finished getting myself ready I walked towards the mirror and checked the outfit out. that's when I realised the marks around my necks were still visible.

I quickly ran back to my vanity and applied concealer around my neck to hide the marks. 

once I finished up, I walked down the stairs and into my car, as I started driving to tannyhill I couldn't stop thinking about rafe. what was I going to say to him?