Kira called with an update, informing the couple that Scott had fought the beast in the library surrounded by at least 50 students. He was injured badly but was healing.

Malia also added to the conversation, letting them know her mother was on the hunt for her and for Isaac. The only reassurances Alex had felt was hearing that Braeden had come back temporarily.

"Were you okay back there?" Stiles asked, sitting next to Alex on his bed "you zoned out for a minute"

"Seeing liam like that.. it eh, it reminded me of valack when he died" she confessed,

"You know I'm here for you right, you haven't talked about what happened much and I completely understand but keeping it buried can only work for so long"

Alex felt a lump in her throat, she looked at stiles and let out a small cry "I know he's dead, but I'm terrified"

Stiles sat up against the headboard, he wrapped his arm around "it's okay, it's a natural response" he rubbed her arm

"Every time I think about it I feel sick. He touched me, he drilled into my head. He found something that made me so weak I could barely move and every time I close my eyes his voice echoes in my ears" she described, feeling her skin crawl.

"I just hate feeling so.. so vulnerable" she admitted "it's not me, I'm strong and I don't get scared and now blood on my hand makes me want to vomit"

"Alex you are still strong and fearless, your have been through a situation no one should have to go through. You were taken and tortured and that pain doesn't leave after a few days" he soothed, 

Alex glanced up at him, her eyes focusing on his "I wouldn't have survived any if this if it weren't for you"

He lowered his head and their lips met, only for a few seconds "I love you"

"I love you too"

...

Whilst alex and stiles were Aiding to the wounds that were left from the beast, he had move onto his next victim, a library full of students and an alpha who wasn't backing down.

Scott McCall fought the beast in a library full of students who would be made believe a completely different story.

Of course, true beacon hills style; that wasn't the last of their hectic night. It was revealed that the beast was none other then Mason Hewitt.

"My dad's got an APB out..." stiles told them

"For a 5'8" 16-year-old?" Kira questioned,

"I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf." Stiles scoffed

"It still might not be him." Liam said, hoping his best friend wasn't taken as victim to the beast they had to kill.

Alex remembered a time when they hoped their best friend wasn't taken victim of a monster to be killed, everything had changed so much since void took to beacon hills.

"But, Hayden's at the school looking."

"Liam, we've done this before with something way worse. We can save mason, we will save him" Alex reassured, maybe she shouldn't have.

"I can keep checking the woods." Malia suggested

"I'll help you" Isaac offered, more because he didn't want his girlfriends mother to find her alone,

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county. We can find him" Scott reassured, everyone turned to face him.

"What happens then?" Alex asked, crossing her arms