Part 46- Happily Ever After! 💫

Start from the beginning

Ishqi: Mereko aapse baat nahi karni! she pouted. 

Ahaan ignored her statement and said, "Mujhe maa ne bataya ke while I was gone on a business trip, kaise tumne aur Kartik ne adhi raat ko har roz ajeeb ajeeb khane order kiye! Every now and then is fine but not every single day Ishqi!"

Ishqi rolled her eyes at him, she knew he was right but a stubborn part of her wouldn't let her agree. The elderly couple who sat in front of them, adored the two and wished for their togetherness to last forever. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra!"  the nurse called out, diverting their attention- Ishqi and Ahaan stood up and followed behind the nurse into the doctor's cabin. 

Ahaan and Ishqi had explained the symptoms Ishqi was suffering, Ahaan kept adding to the list making Ishqi a little annoyed but she loved the way he cared for her. 

The doctor hummed as she smiled at the couple, "have you guys taken a pregnancy test?" she asked to which both of their eyes widened a little, they hadn't even thought of that. 

Ishqi: Pr-Pregnancy Test? No? she replied. 

Doctor: Okay! Then we'll do a test and see what the results say! she smiled. 

The doctor listed tests she was to do and took Ishqi with her while Ahaan impatiently sat in the doctor's office, he knew the results would take a day or two to come but still, he was pretty excited. A half an hour later Ishqi and Ahaan both left the hospital hand in hand, nervous but happy. 

Two days later, in the middle of the night Ishqi's phone went off- She turned to her side and picked it up and while rubbing her bleary eyes sat up on the bed. 

She opened the series of text messages that she'd gotten from the hospital and read the first one in her head. 

"Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Malhotra!
This is an official verification to confirm a positive pregnancy test" 

That is all she read before her phone slipped right out of her hands and she gasped. Her palm slapped across her mouth while a huge smile graced her face, she turned to Ahaan and shook him, "AVMMMM!!!!" she said and Ahaan hummed. 

Ishqi: Uthiyee!!! Test ke results aagaye hai! she revealed to which Ahaan abruptly jerked awake. 

Ahaan: Anddddd....?

Ishqi held his hands in her's and said, "Anddd, it's positive! We're pregnant!" she disclosed. 

Ahaan sat stunned for a second, then he let the whole thing sink in...They were going to be parents! He engulfed Ishqi into a warm and tight hug, "thank-you Ishqi, thank-you!" he kept chanting as he held her to himself, unable to process the beautiful gift that had been bestowed upon them.

"Our families are going to be so happy!" he exclaimed as he tore from the hug, "let's go tell them!" ~ He pulled the blanket off of them and started to leave the bed, "but iss waqt?" said Ishqi. "Matlab, adhi raat hai, subah baataige na unhe" she said pointing towards the clock. 

Ahaan: Nopeee! Abhi! he said as he got up from the bed, jolted to Ishqi's side and picked her up in his arms and spun around while she giggled, she'd never seen Ahaan this happy before. 

After they'd spent a lovely moment together both of them head downstairs while Ahaan yelled out for everyone, "KARTIKKK, DADI, MAA, PAPA, CHACHI, CHACHU!!! SAAB JALDIIII NEECHE AAO!" and after around two minutes everyone had come into lounge, sleepy and confused. 

"Kya hua bhai-bhabhi?" Kartik asked the blushing couple as he yawned. "You guys are going to become grandparents!!!" he pointed to Kartik, "aur tu chachu!" he announced loudly and within a minute the entire family starting celebrating and congratulating the soon-to-be parents. 

They all came in for a group hug, it all felt like a beautiful dream. 

=====================

After nine months Ishqi gave birth to a healthy and beautiful baby girl whom the couple decided to name "Ishah", she was a perfect mix of both of her parents. 

Ishqi & Ahaan were exceptional parents to their little baby girl while she was spoiled by all members of the family. 

After that, even though their journey wasn't at all smooth or perfect, they had each other by their sides and that was more than enough to overcome obstacles and stay happy together. 

...and Ishqi and Ahaan lived in love, laughter, and happily ever after! 

"A soulmate usually only comes once in your life to shake things up, show you true love, and stand up to you in ways no one else ever has. They adore you, yet challenge you to your fullest potential. A soulmate relationship isn't only peaches and cream, it's roses with thorns." ✨

//The End//

(Published: Feb 4th, 2022)

================================================================================

That's all guys!! Hope ya'll enjoyed this story! I thought it was better to give a happy ending rather than unnecessarily drag it. Thank you to everyone for showing sooo much love on this story!!! ❤️ ~ I love ya'll smm!! 💖 { Word Count: 1500 } ♡ Do let me know how it was! 💕

Pls ignore any mistakes 😙

Suggestions are always welcome ⚡️

Lots of love and stay safeee ❤️

- Vera 🌸