"Oh okay... I'll be seeing you around then." He waved them goodbye as the two walk away and him clearly forgetting why he decided to approach the couple.

When they were pretty far from the him, Y/N turned to the man beside her with a frown.

"You're so mean. Are you on your period or something?" She asked, letting him know that she noticed his weird behaviour towards the guy who was just trying to be friendly with them.

"How do you even know him?" Wakasa didn't answer her but instead asked a question about him.

"He's my friend! I met him during Brahman's meeting when you were so busy with your chick." She responded, pertaining to the time he kept her company in the meeting. But Wakasa only scoffed and rolled his eyes, thinking how stupid the girl is to not notice how Yamamoto looked at her.

"Friend, my ass" He mumbled which failed to escape Y/N's sharp hearing.

With an amused look on her face, she tilted her head to the side, smirking at the man.

"Are you jealous?"

Wakasa stayed silent at her question, leaving her hanging. Instead, he pulled his hand away and inserted it inside his pocket as he walk forward, leaving her behind. Y/N laughed at his childish behaviour and skipped her way towards him with a satisfied look on her face.

"Oh Waka, you're so hot—" He stiffened at her sudden words. He turned to her only to see her grinning widely while wiggling her brows mischievously. "—Headed." She laughed when Waka's frown deepened. She could've sworn she saw him getting flustered for a second until she ended her sentence. "Oh you thought I was gonna compliment you, didn't you?" She laughed, clutching into her stomach and making fun of him as she try to catch up to him again.

And for the whole time, Wakasa ignored her no matter what she said.

"Wakaaa! It was a joke! Come on, it's funny." She laughed once again, satisfied at her somehow successful teasing. But then she remembered the time when the man confessed to her only to treat her about it by taking it back in an instant. And so... "But I'm not sorry because you're the one who did it to me first."

"I was just joking! Come on!" She shook him by his arm to make him talk to her again. "Aww don't be upset, you big baby~"

As they were walking, Y/N felt a shiver run down her spine and she froze on her tracks. It didn't fail to escape Wakasa's senses and he immediately stopped walking and asked.

"What's wrong?"

"I think someone's following us." She said, eyeing her surroundings. But Wakasa's eyes immediately landed behind her where the same guy who came up to them earlier was casually walking while looking to the side. He frowned, thinking he's been following them. He doesn't know what his intentions are but surely his actions annoy him.

"Yeah, Yamamoto." At his words, Y/N turn around. She followed his gaze just in time Yamamoto turn to the front and their gazes met. The younger guy immediately waved at them to which Y/N returned with the same friendly manner with Wakasa displeased beside her.

"Yeah, you're definitely jealous." She told him before walking again, ignoring her instinct, thinking it's just Yamamoto who's following them.

"I'm not." The man replied.

"Yes, you are."

"I said I'm not." Y/N only laughed at his stubbornness and caught up to him, wrapping her arm around his and leaning her head on his shoulder as they walk.

"Oh please mister, I'm all yours. No need to be jealous. I'm a loyal one."

Meanwhile from a distance, Yamamoto looked around uncomfortably. When he spot the couple earlier, he noticed a few men in black who were tailing them that the two seemed to fail to notice. He definitely forgot to tell them about it when he approached them earlier. So to make things sure, he tried to follow them from behind but not that they neared the house, he has confirmed that the men were indeed after the couple. As he stood there watching them move farther, he couldn't help but think to himself.

'Why are they following them?'

Once they reached the house, the girl immediately went to bathing in the tub after resting. As she was taking her time relaxing, the door suddenly busted open, revealing Wakasa's figure who just came from the living room in a hurry.

"Wakasa?? What the hell are you doing?!" She quickly covered herself and dragged the shower curtain to cover herself. But the man didn't answer her. "Wa—!!" She was cut off when a hand clasped on her mouth, shutting her up.

"Shh." Wakasa had a really serious expression as he placed a finger against his lips, telling her to keep silent. He handed her some clothes before speaking, trying to remain calm in their current situation. "Quick and dress up. They found us."

"W-Who?" Y/N felt her heart racing in nervousness and anxiety. Even though he didn't specify who it is, she felt like she already know who he's pertaining to and it made her worry. But before he could even answer, voices of men were heard, invading their home.

"Hurry!" He whisper shouted.

She didn't protest nor question anymore and instead did as he said. Once she was done, Wakasa took hold of her wrist and guided her out of the bathroom. However as they were quietly walking in the corridor, a figure appeared at the end of the corridor making the both out them freeze. Recognising Y/N, instead of aiming the gun at them, the mysterious man held his gun up and pulled the trigger thrice.

"Shit." Y/N immediately realised what he's trying to do. "This motherfu—" she took a step forward ready to attack him. As soon as she reached him, she didn't waste a second to knock him out. Although he tried to fight back, he still failed to match her own fighting pace. Out of frustration, even with the man unconscious, she kicked his stomach one last time until Wakasa held her arm, stopping her. She felt her knees weaken when she realised Wakasa's still with her. "There's more of them, Waka."

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused. However Y/N's mind was full of worries at that moment. She knows that gunshot wasn't intended to kill them but to bring hell to them.

"That gunfire was a confirmation signal of my presence in this place."

As soon as she said those words, a crash was heard from the other part of the house. She without a word quickly held his hand in hers and pulled him towards a room where they can hide for the meantime.

"Let's hide. Hurry."

As they entered the room, she quickly peeked through the window curtains to see multiple men surrounding the area and she felt her breath hitch. If she was alone, she would've been confident to face them. But thinking that Wakasa is with her, she can't just do things the way she usually does as he might get in danger.

"Are you alright?" She asked him, checking him from head to toe for any injuries in case she failed to notice something. But Wakasa only raised a brow at her and held her shoulders in place.

"Are you?" To think that the girl was the one in most danger in this situation yet she still thinks of his safety made him feel sad, knowing she cares less for herself than someone else.

But before they could even continue their talk, a loud and chilling voice cut through the silence in the house.

"Y/N!!" At the sound of the person's voice, Wakasa felt the girl freeze under his hold. "I know you're still here!" As his voice reached her ears, she wanted to cover them in an instant, fearing the man who has come to look for her in person. Wakasa could've sworn he can feel her figure trembling. He didn't know what to do when he doesn't even know why she's reacting that way. He can only imagine how dangerous the guy must be if she's fearing someone like him.

But with her trembling lips and terror visible in her eyes, Y/N spoke up, clearly not expecting to meet him in Japan.

"Calix..."

At the mention of his name, Wakasa felt all of his blood run cold in a mere second.

__________
Author's Note:
I'm releasing this chapter to let you know that the next chapters might get delayed or will be released probably a little longer. I've been and will still be really busy that I barely have the energy to write afterwards🤧

I'll update as soon as I can, don't worryy, that's all~