56. Kiss me

MILES

I looked at the phone suppressing another groan as new message filled up the log. I had an inauguration party at the hotel in an hour while I had to answer them. What was Austen doing? Being a secretary, wasn't it his job to clear things for me?

And it was taking forever for Megan to get out of the dressing room. I knew she didn't wear any make up for starters. I had already seen the dress that she was going to wear. I also knew that she was going to let her hair down since she fussed about not getting a proper bun sit on her head all night.

Yet, she was taking all her sweet time to get her ass next to me. If I reached early, I knew that I could pass off all the calls and messages to Austen. He was taking liberty of my leisure talks. I was all about being friendly with the people who worked for me, but Austen was taking advantage of it. I wondered if I should be giving him a warning to rectify his behaviors with me.

"Megan! Are you ready?" I shouted from the hall, hoping that she heard me.

"Shut it, Miles!" Amber shouted back.

My eyebrows scrunched together in surprise and wonder. When had that girl come in? I was sitting right here in the hall waiting for Megan to descend down. How did I ever miss her going upstairs? Now, I knew why Megan was taking a lot of time.

"How much more time?" I asked, giving up. I didn't understand why they needed to take so much of time to put on a dress.

"It takes however long it takes." Amber replied back and I could hear Megan giggling again. "I can't believe you have lost your patience, Miles."

"How about I ask Zack for some advice?" I countered back. I couldn't believe that I was having a silly argument with Amber when I had to go entertain my guests. "He would be well trained with patience when you are around him!"

A purse fell down from the balcony and landed right on my head. "Amber!" I shouted back, lifting my head up. She was shooting daggers at me from the first floor standing right in front of our room. "I'm going to cut back all the snacks I get when I visit the shop!"

"Fine by me!" She said and if she was near me, I could swear that she would have ripped my head off. "It tasted like sand anyway!"

"What did you call it?" I stood tall, ready to reach up the stairs to her to teach her a lesson for insulting my baking. She could go on insulting me, but not my cooking. How dare she?

As I walked towards the stairs, I saw Megan get down. "Guys, calm down."

She was wearing the same dress that she had showed me last night. It was a silver dress with a deep front neckline that showed her cleavage more than I had expected. The skirt had a cut from her hip and it left nothing to imagination with her every step.

Her hair was curled and tied together into a bun, leaving behind a few tendrils purposefully to tease her fair cheeks. I could tell that she was wearing makeup, not so much as to deprive her of her natural beauty, but to highlight her features.

The mascara in her eyes tentatively tormented me to not look away. She didn't have to apply a blush; she was already turning into a cute bubble of pink in embarrassment for wearing the dress that was so revealing. Her silver high heels clicked as she descended down the stairway.

"Wow." I muttered, not able to get my eyes off of her. "You... wow. But you are not going to wear this." I said, eyeing her cleavage and the split. "No fucking way you are wearing this!"

Megan only laughed. "Can't control yourself, Miles?" She whispered while Amber cleared her throat.

I gulped down as her fingertips ran down my jaw and landed on the button of my tux. "You are killing me here, Megan. Come 'ere."