V

By now Eddy is starting to rethink whether he wouldn't take last night back. God, the day has been torture, classes taking forever, rehearsal taking even longer, his mum insisting he come home for dinner before going over to Brett's. 
 I never see you, Eddy. You're always at Brett's house. 
She has a point. So he ate his rice and waited as long as was polite before grabbing a change of clothes and heading over to Brett's. 
He's nervous. Why is he fucking nervous? This is Brett. His best friend. The guy who knows everything about him. He rings the bell and waits for him to open the door. 
One look at Brett and he knows Brett's nervous too. Shit. He walks in and kicks off his shoes, follows Brett to his room. 
"Oh, did you want a drink?"
He sits down on Brett's couch. That couch. It's like he can feel what they did here, and his dick can feel it too. He sets his phone on the table. Vanessa's not texted again, today, but this is the first time he has even thought of that. 
"Nah, thanks. I just ate."
"Wanna play some games first?"
"Sure."

Somehow they manage to get past the awkwardness just a little as they sit and play the way they always do. As they practise, in the same room as they always do. And by the time Brett puts on a movie and he settles into the couch he is almost sure they can just go back to normal. 
It is the best idea. It was just a one time thing. It doesn't mean anything. 
He wants to ask Brett how he feels, wants to tell him what he feels, maybe, but blokes don't talk to blokes that way. No way. So he sits and watches the movie and tries to ignore that he can't seem to stop being hard. 
He turns his head to comment on the movie, and the world stops. 
Brett is looking at him, not at the film, his mouth slightly open, his cheeks slightly flushed, almost like he is embarrassed. He casts his eyes down the second Eddy sees him. He can't help glancing down too, and now he knows Brett feels it too. 
Oh shit. 
He clears his throat. 
"You good?"
Brett nodds, but doesn't look up. And now Eddy has to know. 
"Bro, we good?"
That makes him look up. 
"Yeah."
Eddy swallows. He can't keep quiet anymore. 
"Do... do you regret last night?"
Brett looks up at him with a shock, his eyes deep and startled. 
"No! No, I don't. Do... do you?"
Eddy shakes his head. 
"Of course not. I'm confused though."
Brett nods very slowly, up and down like a sideways metronome. 
"Yeah, me too."

They're quiet for at least a full minute, just sitting there, facing each other on the couch. It's Brett who breaks the silence. He gestures down, to his crotch, a little helplessly. 
"Yeah." he says. 

Eddy holds his breath and bites his tongue, but the words are stronger than he is and they come out anyway. 
"Do... do you want me to do it again?"
Like a pendulum swinging Brett nodds again. 

Okay, so maybe all of this was meant to be just a one time thing, but who really cares anyway? It's not gay. He is straight, after all, and so is Brett. And didn't he kiss Vanessa just the other day? This is just something a best friend can do for a best friend, right? And by now it's the only thing he can think about, to feel the way he did last night again. He nods too, and scoots closer.