Sidharth gets down from his car and goes inside. An old woman of 70s sits in the living room with Saivi. She is beautiful even at this age. She wears a off-white silk saree, a string of pearls in her neck, pearl bangles and studs. Her grey hair is neatly tied into a bun.
"Yeh lo Sid bhi aa gaye."
Saivi says as Sidharth comes in and hugs the old lady and sits beside her.
"Dida, kya chal raha hai?"

Dida or Gayatri Parmar has been more than Sidharth and Saivi's grandmother. As a young widow, she came to the Dewan house as Sourav's governess. Soon she became an essential part of the family. After the death of Mahima, it was she who took care of young Saivi and Sidharth.

Dida caressing his face says,"Teri shaadi ki preparation."
Sidharth breaks the hug, "Dida, please why this hurry? I think we must wait a little.."
Dida says,"No. I don't want to listen to your excuses. I want you settled in life. She is a good girl and you know her from your childhood. Time kyun chahiye?,"
"Dida, I just know her, like just know her.. To spend life with someone, we need to.. how will I explain?"
"Sidu, bas. Don't try to explain anything to me. Jo jaana hai shaadi ke baad jaan lena. Get married and return to the mansion. I can't take care of this house alone. And I can't let you live in that Penthouse. Bas drinks aur party karta rehta hai. You don't eat anything properly nor on time. Look how thin you have become."

Sidharth and Saivi start to laugh, "Really Dida? The world calls me hulk and for you I am getting thinner. You will never give up with this patent dialog of yours."
"No. Abhi dekh."
She shows her a diamond ring.
"On the engagement you put this ring in her finger. "

A lady in a black dress stands at the balcony, looking at the city lights. A little later Sidharth walks up to her and stands beside her.
"Barun has fallen asleep on the couch along with his friend. Do you want me to drop you home? Your friends have left too."
She turns towards him with a smile, "Do you mind if I stay back?"
Sidharth raises his eyebrows, "No. Why should I? You are more than welcome to stay. Come I will show you the room."

She looks around the room, designed in the contemporary style as the rest of the house.
"Why do you live here when you have such a big house?"
"I purchased this with my money. It's mine. Unlike those other properties which come with the burden of Dewan surname, here I can be me, only Sidharth. But you don't have to worry, after the wedding you can stay in the Dewan house."
"I? "
She walks closer to him, "You meant we. Right?"

Sidharth smiles and stares at her. She looked exquisite in red lips, dark eyeshadow and open hair. She runs her finger on his biceps.
"I can live here too if you want. I just want to be around you."
She brings her face near him and kisses his cheek. He had never seen her like a seductress. Unable to resist her charm, he cups her face and is about to take her lips when his phone rings. He leaves her and picks up the phone after going out of the room.

He appears a few minutes later, changed into office clothes.
"Basundhara, I.. need to go to the office now. There's some emergency. You stay here tonight. I will try to come back sooner."
He left without any hug and she stood there feeling rejected and lonely.

Sidharth Dewan and Basundhara Mittal knew each other since they were kids. Barun, her brother and he were school mates. Mittals were an old business family with a group of hotels in Mumbai, Jaipur and Goa. Dida found Basundhara perfect for Sidharth. She was educated, intelligent, beautiful and down to earth. Along with helping her brother in the business, she did a lot of charity work. She was the ideal daughter-in-law to the Dewan family.

However Sidharth had no interest in settling down so soon. After much pressure from Dida, eventually said yes and got hitched with her after a grand 6 days celebration.