Welcome to the Jungle Part 1

Cora's POV
My name was Cora Finley. I'm at Pai Zhuq Academy with Theo, Lily, Jarrod and the new kid Casey who came to the academy last week. I'm friends with Theo, Lilly, mostly Jarrod and also Casey. The teacher of the academy is Master Mao. Anyway, I am in class with some of the students in Pai Zhuq Academy. The class is meditating. I'm sitting between Lily and Jarrod.

Lilly: "Theo, Cora, what is going on?"

Theo: "Lily, come on."

Me: "Seriously, Lily? We have been here since last night. Get used to it."

Theo: "Just try and enjoy the silence."

Lily: "I hate silence."

We hear the gong that causes us to stand up slowly and quietly.

Lily: "Hey Theo did my butt get up with me? I can't tell. I'm numb."

We bowed as Master Mao walked toward us.

Master Mao: "You are the eight finalists. I'm looking for four."

We paired up with different animal spirits. Since I have the leopard spirit, I have it under control to pass it.

Master Mao: "Begin."

I fight an opponent who has a different animal spirit than me. I used my animal spirit to beat the opponent. After the fight was over, I helped him get up.

Master Mao: "Jarrod Lily Theo Cora join us in the great hall this evening."

The gong rang again. Later, the four of us bowed to Master Mao as the three of us gathered together.

Lily: "Yes!"

All of the sudden, we see Jarrod push a new student Casey down.

Jarrod: "Oh! Is little cub gonna do something?"

Me: "This could only get a lot worse than I thought in this academy."

Suddenly, a new student Casey roars like a tiger that Jarrod flies back a little bit far from him. Jarrod was mad about it as he stood up.

Casey: "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened."

Jarrod is about to do something to Casey when Master Mao claps as Jarrod bows at him. Afterwards, me, Lily, Theo and Casey are waiting for Master Mao outside of his office.

Theo: "Why are we here? Where's Jarrod? Why is that recruit here?"

Me: "Come on, Theo. He's new to the academy but calm down."

Lily: "Why do you always have to know what's going on? You have control issues."

Master Mao came out as we stood up to bow to him.

Master Mao: "Follow me."

We follow Master Mao to a place that we have never seen before.

Lily: "This is so cool."

Me: "Master, where are we?"

Master Mao: "It's called the Forbidden Room."

Casey: "Forbidden? That doesn't sound good."

Master Mao: "Jarrod has been dismissed. In your heats, you know why. Casey, you have the heart to stand up for others. You also have the potential to be a tiger master. I've decided to choose you in Jarrod's place."

Casey is in shock to hear this.

Master Mao: "Listen closely. Over 10,000 years ago, there was a great evil named Dai Shi. He believed that animals should rule the planet and humans were to be erased. Brave warriors channeled their animal spirits and after a great battle they were able to capture the Dai Shi inside this box."