Chapter 31: Sunrise

Start from the beginning

Chaeyoung didn't had the chance to stop the girl. The princess's hand had slipped from the cotton silk of Dahyun's clothing and didn't held her tightly enough to make her stay.

Momo gave Chaeyoung the flower, "I'll take care of this." She utters.

"Momo!"

Chaeyoung follows, running with a speed that was automatically selected by her body from the emotions that she's feeling.

With a thud, Momo pulls Dahyun away from the hot flames. Dahyun was stunned, didn't know what happened and what causes her to be there. Guess her mind had blinded her, saving her mother was the only visible light inside her head the first second she step a foot forward to run.

"Who's.. who's Momo?" Dahyun utters, though she was in complete daze from all the ruckus. Momo's name happens to carve deeply onto her.

"I- Minhyuk? Are you okay?" Chaeyoung want to strangle herself, she's such an idiot to ask. She already saw the situation is far from being good, thus she still asked.

Momo hissed, planks of heavy woods are being a hindrance for her to escape. And the situation is not doing any good, the flames are only getting angrier as it spreads more quickly than ever.

The palace is made out of live materials that caused the fire to blow up so much. At this point, Chaeyoung wants to protest how the guards aren't seeing any of this. In a matter of fact, she kind of forget why they lack at security. The king had mentioned about bringing almost the hundred percent total of his royal guards at the Minatozaki's kingdom to show how wealthy the Son empire is. Though it was an advantage for Momo and her to take the flower, it is now somehow the caused lacking of guards to help them.

Momo scans the place, her hands were shaking, but she had lead to the conclusion after wandering around of her situation. "This won't do, we're running out of time! Go and bring that to Mina, I'll try.. I'll find a way somehow."

"Somehow? Are you nuts?!" Chaeyoung starts to worry. Her mind is going wild, her father, Momo, Mina, her mother. Everything is at stake, and she knows she won't solve it all at once.

"The flower has a limited time, go! Bring it to her! Mina needs you!" Momo screams hard out of her lungs, Chaeyoung stepped back as another wood came crashing down the floor.

"But Momo.." the name slipped again, but who is she to care anymore?

Momo bangs her hand against one of the wood on fire, "Just go! Get out! I don't want you here!" She madly said, Chaeyoung gulps down. Momo is getting rid of her, but she knows why. And she hates the fact that she knew.

Chaeyoung wiped a tear, turns her back at Momo and Dahyun.. then moved a feet forward.

"Hang on a bit longer, please."

It's either she's telling that to the flower, Momo or Mina's mother. But whatever the case, she'll do whatever it takes.

--

The two are running, chasing for the limited time, while both are holding important things. Because they don't have forever for this to get it right, they only have one moment, one particular moment, there's only one chance. And they can't wait another whole long years for another flower to bloom.

"Mother, we're almost there."

Mina's eyes are watery, though she can't let a tear drop.. her inside are already sobbing like crazy. The origin plan was to wait for Chaeyoung and Momo with the flower, but from the looks of it.. Mina won't able to bear and watch her mother struggling. Mrs. Myoui's body was in spasms, seemingly in a convulsion. Mina tried checking her mother's temperature by placing her palm against her forehead, but to her surprise.. her mother is already so warm that it almost burned her skin.