Chapter 8: Unexpected Misery

Start from the beginning

"I can't stop these robots from coming. It's like they're not even in the system." He clicked a few buttons before promptly throwing his fist behind his head with a chaos spear to subdue one of the egg pawns. "Interesting, it looks like there aren't even badniks on this Death Egg."

Rouge laid her chin on her palm. You'd think they'd have more security with Sonic onboard. Or maybe they thought he'd never escape. "Hey Shadow," Rouge called, "have you tried closing off the doors those badniks are coming out of?"

Shadow looked down the hallway. There were four open doors. Each time one of the badniks were destroyed, five more showed up. Closing the doors seemed to make the most sense at this point. "Hang on." He clicked a few buttons and attempted to close the doors. Security was up and each attempt just ended in a flashing red warning.

"Let me do it. I've been able to hack into Eggman's systems before." Rouge tried to move away from the wall however the sharp twinge in her wing caused her to stumble. Wendy caught her and placed her arm around her head. The bat groaned and seemed to be fidgeting a bit. "Thanks." The brown wolf helped her over to the computer. "Let's see..." She clicked on a few keys and pulled out a flash-drive. After sticking it in and having to wait for a loading screen to finish, she finally closed all the doors, relieving Silver from holding back the swarm and allowing him to destroy it.

Shadow nodded in appreciation before his eyes fell toward her wing. "Rouge, what happened to your-" He started.

"There's no time to worry about me." Rouge stated, trying hard to stand up straight and ignore the needles. "There's someone else who needs help more than I do."

"Who else needs help?" Wendy asked, her little wisp flying around as it tried to explain it to her in his wisp gibberish.

"There's no time for questions. Sonic won't last much longer. We have to hurry!" She huffed, clearly trying her hardest not to faint from the pain.

Silver went wide-eyed. "You mean Sonic...is alive?"

Rouge nodded. "Not for much longer he won't be if we just stand here. Now come on!"

💥———✨——-💦-——✨———💥

Sonic and Zavok were in the middle of a standoff. The blue hedgehog was continuously dodging the Zeti's attacks as more and more bee bots seemed to appear from the ground. Although he did hit a few, his current objective was to not strain himself. His legs were already battered as it was, he didn't need to add this fight to the scars and bruises.

The area they were in was a large, circular prison hold. Each of the cells were empty though. It was a surprise he was even in a cell himself with how abandoned this place seemed. He passed between two of the cells and ran across a narrow platform. Currently, he was trying to avoid a laser from the large bee bot. As he passed the narrow platform and made it onto a larger one, he began to go wide-eyed as he quickly halted his movements.

"Whoa, whoa!" The hedgehog gasped as he balanced on the tips of his shoes. In front of him was a long drop. All he could was black past the grey ledge. His arms flailed back as he found his footing and looked behind him.

"Nowhere to run now hedgehog." Zavok stated as he flew in behind him. The narrow platform that Sonic had run on just moments before had started to retreat back. It was only him and Zavok on this middle platform.

Sonic turned around and tried to put on a fighting face. "Then what are you waiting for? Bring it on! Unless you're scared?" He crossed his arms and shot quick glances behind the large bee bot. No sign of backup yet. He might have to fight this guy after all.