All I Want For Christmas (Part 2)

AN: Okay so I know I wrote Part 1 last Christmas, but thought I'd make an effort to carry on with this story! I'll try and write Part 3 before next Christmas!

The rest of the week goes slowly, and whilst the days in the shop are busy they seem to drag, and you're even inclined to agree with Ellie by Saturday that the Christmas songs are starting to wear a bit thin.

"I swear if I hear 'Fairytale of New York' one more time I'm gonna throw that stereo out of the window," you groan.

Ellie cackles. "Full of the joys of Christmas are we? Never mind, we're nearly finished and it's Sunday tomorrow so we get a day off."

"Yeah I guess so," you sigh, mentally scrolling through all the jobs that you need to do in your head. There's Christmas cards to write, presents to wrap, and you've still not finished hanging the lights outside your house either...

Oh my god!

Your heart's in your mouth as the door swings open and none other than Van strolls in. You watch as he scans the shop, his face seeming to light up as his gaze falls on you, and then he's heading straight over. You surreptitiously tousle your hair and smooth down your clothing, realising then with dismay that you're actually wearing the most unflattering Christmas jumper. It's long and shapeless with a snowflake print all over it and a tacky slogan, and the colour does nothing for your complexion. You glance at Ellie who's wearing a little flared skater dress in a festive print which shows off her enviable figure and you groan inside.

"Hey Y/N, how've you been?" Van says as he comes to a stop just in front of you.

Well... he's remembered your name. That's a good start.

"I've been really good. You? Oh... how did the bet go? I'm guessing you didn't win then if you're back?"

Van just grins and looks down, fiddling with the buttons on his jacket. As soon as it's open he grasps the edges in either hand, pulling the jacket open with a flourish to reveal possibly the worst Christmas jumper you've ever laid eyes on. "Ta-da!" He says proudly.

"Oh my god, my eyes!" You say, erupting into laughter, pretending to shield them from the onslaught of clashing colours and the bold print declaring that the wearer is on 'Santa's Naughty List' this year.

"It's great ain't it?" He chuckles. "I thought since I'm gonna have to wear one every day now I may as well have a bit of fun. Really go to town on it!"

You wonder whether he's just come into the shop to specially show you his purchase seeing as it looks like he's already gone ahead and bought himself another jumper.

"So I take it you lost then?"

"Uh-huh," he nods. "Me best mate Larry, he had my other mate Bondy helping him out, and he'd found this bloody awful jumper for him. Honestly you should've seen it! I never really stood a chance. Even with my amazing personal shopper to help me!"