Chapter Three: The First House

1998

1998

I'll never forget it.

It was the year when these grisly murders occurred in the Arklay Mountains. Soon after, the new was out to the whole world revealing that it was the fault of a secret viral experiment conducted by the international pharmaceutical enterprise, Umbrella. The virus broke out in a near by mountain community, Raccoon City. And hit the peaceful little town with a devastating blow crippling its very foundation. Not taking any chances, the President of the United States ordered a contingency plan-- to sterilize Raccoon city. With the whole affair gone public, the United States government issued an indefinite suspension of business decree to Umbrella. Soon its stock prices crashed and for all intents and purposes Umbrella was finished...

Six years has passed since that horrendous incident...

A song plays on the radio, a woman singing along with guitar rift and hands clapping in the back.

What kind of music is this?

Not my kind of taste.

Guess that's what I get I suppose.

I rest my chin on my left palm looking out the window, nothing but forest trees and dirt path passing by. It looks a few hours to make it here, getting picked up by these two who don't want to be driving me to the location spot.

I received special training via a secret organization working under the direct control of the President. I was to assume the responsibility of protecting the new President's family.

(First Cop)- " Why am I the one who always gets the short end of the stick?"

(Second Cop)-" Yo, who are you really? Come on and tell us. You are a long way from home, cowboy. You have my sympathies."

(Leon)-"Guess that's a locals way of breaking the ice. Anyway, you know what this is all about. My assignment is to search for the Presidents missing daughter and her childhood friend."

(First Cop)-" What, all by yourself?" he chuckles.

(Leon)-"I'm sure you boys didn't just tag along so we could sing Kumbiyah together at some Boy Scout bonfire. Then again, maybe you did."

(Second Cop)-"Oh, you crazy American. It's an direct order from the chief himself. I tell you it's no picnic"

(Leon)-"I'm counting on you guys."

The second cop lightly smacks the first cop in the arm to pull over. The second cop exits the vehicle and walks just a few steps ahead and positions to relieve himself. The first cop takes out a pack of cigarettes and offers me one, I wave my head to refuse him kindly.

I was in my own head, a lot was roaming inside of there.

It was right before I was to take on my duties of protecting the President's Daughter when she was abducted. Her friend came visiting out of town, they took her as well. Some vacation she didn't expect to happen. That's the ultimate reason I'm in this lonely and rural part of Europe. According to our intelligence, there's reliable information of a sighting of a girl that looks very similar to the President's daughter. Apparently she's being withheld by some unidentified group of people. Who would have thought my first job would be a rescue mission?