Goh: isn't that superstition.

Hodge: I'll show you, come on.

(They arrive to this monument)

Ash: what's this?

Hodge: according to my uncle it's a monument that's been here since ancient times.

ash: that's absol?

Hodge: starting long ago, whenever every time absol would appear the then would experience disaster. They say this monument was put here as a warning for future generations. (Sees another part of the monument) Just take a look over there, it looks like absol appeared when the hot springs dried up back then.

Ash: so that's why they're convinced absol caused it?

Hodge: I don't really get it but my uncle and the towns people are mad. I thought if I talked to you we could somehow figure it all out.

Goh: you know Hodge, you're a good guy.

Hodge: (blushing) keep it to yourself.

(They walk to a building)

Hodge: here's the inn my uncle runs.

(Hodge, Ash and Pikachu, Goh and Grookey and (Y/N) and marshtomp open the door to see people with brooms and nets)

Hodge: uncle what are you doing!

Hodge's uncle: if it isn't Hodge. We're taking acre of this absol problem once and for all. Come along.

Hodge: once and for all!

Old man: we can't take it anymore!

Hodge's uncle: we'll make sure absol doesn't mess with the town's peace ever again!

(He rides his fist into the air as the other townsfolk join him)

Ash: hey wait a second!

(Y/N): Hodge, your uncle is so not cool.

Hodge's uncle: who are these guys?

Hodge: Ash, (Y/N) and Goh are friends of mine. Grookey, marshtomp and Pikachu too. I asked them to help investigate.

Hodge's uncle: really (approaches closer) ha! These kids don't look like they'd be any help at all.

Goh: what!

Hodge's uncle: but sure it never hits to have more people around, come along with us.

Goh: it's possible absol appeared to warn you something bad was gonna happen. Messing with it will be a gigantic mistake!

(Y/N): he's right! I'd know because I have an absol as a friend that I caught!

Hodge's uncle: some nerve you've got.

Old man: you have no idea!

Other old person: if you've got proof! Bring it on!

(Y/N): here! (Shows him the phone where it has pictures of him and his absol)

Other old person: not proof for that! For if absol was coming to warn us!

(Y/N):...

Other old person:...

(Y/N): (nodding his head) makes sense.

Hodge's uncle: are you kids trying to throw a wrench in what we're trying to do!

Goh: we're asking for time! We're here to investigate and find out the real reason.

Ash: what if you're wrong and absol is innocent.