CH-2 Kyokas Guilt

Jiro's POV
After seeing Izuku I walked home and got myself ready, I was excited about starting our training to get into UA. We would finally be heroes together and prove All Might wrong, so Izuku can be his own hero who is greater than him. I arrived at the beach a couple of minutes early so sat on a nearby bench and waited. After about 10 minutes he wasn't here so I decided to call him but he didn't answer. He probably just got into some traffic, he'll be here in a minute. I called again at 1:25pm but still no answer, I called again and again and again for the next hour. He probably saw a hero and is caught up making notes on them. I started to get worried, not knowing where he could be. Then it was 3pm. He just got caught up at home and there was an accident blocking the road, that's why he isn't here. Then it was 5pm. H-He had to cancel and his phone is dead that's it right? Tears started streaming down my face as it approached 7pm. H-He p-probably f-fe-fell asleep w-whilst h-his p-phone was charging s-so hasn't called yet. I was starting to break as the sun set and it was approaching midnight, I refused to go home or answer any phone calls besides Izuku's just in case he showed up. H-he w-wouldn't l-leave me a-alone l-like t-this so s-something m-must've h-happened r-right? Please be okay Izu, I can't lose my best friend.

I was exhausted, I had stayed at the beach staring at my phone waiting for something from Izuku until 7am. I decided to head home as my battery was almost dead and I didn't want to miss his calls, tears had been streaming down my face all night and hadn't stopped. I kept telling myself that something came up, something that was too important so that he couldn't make it. I made it back to my home and walked in with the tears still streaming down my face.
"Kyoka dear, where have you been?" My mum asked.
"I was waiting for Izuku, he didn't show up" I said whilst crying, I then looked over at my parents only to see Izuku's mum sitting with them. "Auntie Inko, why are you here?" I asked confused but she didn't answer, she only cried. "Where's Izu?" My parents both looked down at the ground as I asked. "WHERE'S IZU?" I desperately asked whilst tears shot out of my eyes for a totally different reason.
"Kyoka dear... I'm sorry..." My mum said as I just backed up with my hand in front of me.
"No. No. No. No..." I ran upstairs and shut my door before screaming into my pillow. Izu... Why, what happened... I stayed in my room for a couple of hours before heading back down. "W-What happened?" I asked after I calmed down.
"They didn't find his body, there was just a pile of blood. And a... Suicide note" My once calm face just dropped and my tears started again.
"No... He wouldn't..." I said trying to hold back my tears. Auntie Inko walked over to me and handed me the note.
"Here... He wrote something for you..." She said whilst crying. I shakily grabbed it but couldn't bring myself to look at it.
"T-Thank you..." I said.
"Take your time Kyoka, nobody is expecting you to get over this anytime soon" My dad said. I just nodded and walked upstairs note in hand.

I closed my door when I got in and picked up my phone, I had put it in charge and I just started scrolling through my gallery. I stared at pictures of us together at school, hanging out at each other's houses, at the mall, at the beach and so much more. In everyone of those pictures he was smiling but the last time I saw him he wasn't smiling. I only wished that I could see his smile again in person, I put my phone down and picked up the note and read my part.

Dear Kyoka,
I'm sorry, I know I promised to meet you at the beach but I couldn't make it. I wanted to thank you for being my friend, my only friend even though I was quirkless and don't let me be your last friend. You helped me through so much and believed in me and my dreams. I tried to stay for you but I couldn't, I couldn't take it anymore after what he said to me. What both of them said to me. I just want to let you know one thing though. I love you. Please don't give up on your dreams because of me, do your best.

My tears started again. He loved me? He actually loved me. If I had told him how I felt then maybe he'd be alive. I'm so sorry Izu. I love you too. I put the note down on my desk and let out all of my tears. Izuku's death hurt me drastically, it hurt me so much that I occasionally even cut myself but I was able to keep it from everyone. For the next month I didn't even go to school, I just went to the beach and trained for UA until my teachers forced my parents to bring me to school. The reason I didn't want to go wasn't because I didn't like school, even though I didn't like it, Izuku was the only thing which made it tolerable. The reason I didn't want to go was because of him, BakuBitch.