How About See You Again...

Start from the beginning

"Then let's not say goodbye. How about a see you soon?" He attempted a weak smile, as he set me back down on the ground.

I nodded, "Wait."

I made my way over to the bathroom finding my training gear there from before the battle. I reached down, lifting the dagger that I had managed to bring with me to Asgard. Before emerging again and interlacing my fingers into Thor's large hand.

"Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made our way along the halls that we had passed through many, many times. However this time. They felt cold. Haunted. Empty. The torches flickered dimly in the wind passing through the huge pillars.

Thor opened the door to where he was and I paused, only momentarily to collect myself. Feeling Thor's hand rubbing my back gently.

"We can do this Little One." He nodded solemnly.

I swallowed, taking a deep breath before stepping inside.

Frigga smiled and hugged me when she seen us, "I'm sorry about earlier Dear."

I didn't speak.

I just couldn't take my eyes off him.

Hoping he would just wake up. Like this was all some kind of joke.

"I had an idea."

I pulled my eyes from Loki to look at Frigga, "An idea?"

She nodded, "Yes. You said you wanted to go with him. So how about we send a little piece of you with him?"

My eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

"A Love Lock dear?" She said, taking a strand of my hair in her hand. "I can braid it into his hair for you if you wish?"

I felt a small smile tug at my lips, "I'd love that." Before she said anything more I reached up with the dagger I had in my hand. Slipping the sharp blade against the lock of hair still in her hand. It fell freely.

A part of me. He could always have. He should have his Brother with him too.

I turned to Thor, "Do you want to do it as well?"

He smiled, reaching for the dagger and cutting a lock of his own hair. Frigga took them and gently began to braid them into Loki's raven curls. Behind his ears. Fastening them safely with little threads of leather.

I leant over stroking it carefully, before tucking it neatly behind his ear.

"Mother?" Thor spoke up from behind us.

"Yes Son?"

"Can we...?" He trailed off, coming to sit beside me.

"Thor?" Frigga questioned him.

"Can we...I mean. Would it be possible to give Y/N a lock for her hair? So she always has him with her?"

I looked to him with tear filled eyes, as my heart beat a little faster in my heavy chest.

"I'm sure he would love that..." she smiled.

Soon I had a braid tucked behind my ear, our hair intertwined together. Much like our souls had been. Much like how our lives should have been, for much longer than this.

Frigga had braided a small lock into Thor's too. Now we both had part of the most important person in our lives with us.

She stood, "It will be starting soon, how about I give you both sometime to say goodbye."

Thor stood too, "I will leave you alone Little One."

I caught his hand before he could walk off, "Please...stay..." I pleaded with him. "I don't want to be alone."

He nodded and sat down beside me again in silence.

I reached into the cloak, pulling my letter from it.

"Here's the letter I left you that night Lokes. I added a little bit on for you. Give you something to read." I laughed a little, listening to myself I sounded ridiculous. Sighing. I placed it in safely tucking it below his left arm.

"I...I guess if you really are for Valhalla, you could use this." I placed my dagger into the empty sheath on his thigh. He had been dressed in his finest armour. But he had lost a dagger on the field. "At least now you have a matching pair. You can kick some ass with these eh?" I reached up holding onto his cold hand. Feeling the tears beginning again.

"We aren't saying goodbye Loki. Just see you soon. Ok? So you better be ready for us when we get there. Cuz you know I'm gonna give you hell for not listening to me? Right?" I felt Thor's arm slip around my waist to give me a little reassuring squeeze.

I stood up, bending down to place a final kiss to his lips. "I give you my hand, my heart, my life. Forever mine. Forever yours. I lay my claim upon you to the Gods Loki Laufeyson."

I took one final look at him, Thor's hand engulfing mine. But my heart couldn't take it. 

I turned to him trying to tug my hand free from his, "Thor...." I pleaded, my eyes searching his face, clearly the pain I was in showed as he dropped my hand allowing me to flee from the room.

I ran along the halls, until my legs gave in. I buckled to the ground. My crying turning into chest wrenching sobs that echoed through the night air. I couldn't get air into my lungs quick enough. But I couldn't stop, my heart was breaking all over again. Only this time I had no serum to distract me from the pain.

"Doll?" Bucky's voice was soft as he crouched down beside me on the floor.

I looked up shaking my head to let him know I didn't want to talk, my vision blurred with the tears. But I didn't need to speak, Bucky already knew, pulling me onto his lap, he cradled me close to his chest and allowed me to cry into him.