Its Getting Dark...

Start from the beginning

The tears fell freely now, and there was nothing I could do to stop them. "I can't go on without him Frigga. I just can't." My voice was feeble.

"Yes. Yes you can. You must live now, for him." She smiled weakly at me. Tears forming in the corners of her eyes. "Make him proud Dear."

"He shouldn't be gone," I sobbed. "We were to be married." I looked down at the ring on my finger. Smiling as I remembered when he asked me to marry him. I shook my head before looking at her, "How can I survive without my soulmate? My other half? I can't feel him anymore. I'm...I'm empty."

Frigga's face contorted slightly in pain at my words.

"I just feel so...so lost..." I trailed off. "So numb. So...alone."

Frigga took my hands in her own, "You are the furthest thing from being alone Y/N. You have a family here in us, and you have a family back on earth. That family is still rallied here now for you and they are worried sick about you."

I closed my eyes, trying to reach out to him. Even though I knew I couldn't.

Please. Please don't be gone. It's getting dark Lokes. I'm scared if this darkness swallows me. I won't ever make it back again.

But of course. There was no reply. How could there be?

He was dead.

"How about we get you cleaned up? Hmm? Out of these clothes. Into some fresh ones then you can come straight back?" Frigga chastised me, much like a child.

I nodded this time as my stomach rumbled aggressively at me. I sighed out and gave in, allowing Frigga to take me to her chambers. Where she ran me a hot bath.

Once it was ready, I allowed her to help me undress. I felt so weak, even with my new found power. She held my arm gently as I got into the bath, smiling gently at me. "I will just be outside dear. Ok?"

I nodded weakly at her and sat down into the steaming hot water with my knees curled up tight to my chest. Leaning my chin to rest upon them.

I inhaled the aromas that wafted around the room, lavender and chamomile invaded my senses and I felt my aching muscles relax slightly.

I heard a small knock at her bedroom door. Another perk of the serum. Enhanced hearing.

"How is she?"

It was Bucky.

"I have her in the bath James. She is in a dark place."

I heard him sigh, "I just...tell her I want to be there for her. If she will let me. Please?" He sounded desperate.

"I will let her know. I need to tell her the funeral will take place tonight...I'm really not sure how she is going to take it." Frigga sounded worried and I heard her sighing heavily.

Tonight?

No.

They couldn't.

No.

He can't.

They can't take him from me.

I scrambled out of the bath pulling a towel and wrapping it half heartedly around my body. As I frantically threw myself out I slipped. Landing with a loud thump as my head hit the bathtub.

"Y/N?" Frigga's voice sounded from outside the bathroom.

Before I could react the door flew open and Bucky raced in, helping me up off the ground.

"It's ok Doll, I've got you." He mumbled as he held my weak body close to his side.

"The funeral is tonight!" I was furious.

"Yes dear. We need to send him to rest." Frigga nodded at me from the doorway.

Bucky felt my body tense below his grip as the anger surged through my veins. I had yet to get a grip on this serum.

"Doll, take it easy." He warned me as gently as he could. Not wanting to anger me further.

"To rest?! He isn't getting to rest! He's going to prepare for another fucking goddamn battle!" I yelled, shoving Bucky off me. "He's getting more rest in that bed," I pointed towards the door, "than where he is headed! You can't take him from me! You can't! I won't allow it!"

My emotions flooded my body all at once, my heartbeat racing so hard as the fear and pain swallowed me whole.

"Doll!" Bucky seen it coming before I could. His arms wrapped around my torso just before my legs gave way and I passed out.

My whole world turning black.