──── ❝ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 ☙ 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧...? ❞ ─────

➽───────────────❥

Yuma took you to a farmhouse near the mansion where you picked up vegetables and fruits while chatting quietly now and then. Suddenly, the wall of the farmhouse from which the two of you have been observing the nearby stables explodes inward, showering the room with bousillage and timbers, while shards and splinters from the shattered shutters hit your face.

Your companion is half-vampire. A blood-drinking creature of the night, several centuries old, he can fight whoever just tried to blow you up...right?

The collapsing house pins one of you under the wreckage. You feel numbness at first. The blow from the collapsing roof knocked you senseless. You are unable to tell how much time has passed, but now something cold is passing across your lips. It slides past them and into your gullet. Your eyes flutter open. The wreckage that was pinning you has already been removed, and Yuma stands over you, his wrist at your mouth.

You are sucking from it, a piglet at a sow's teat. The taste of the blood is both revolting and intoxicating. As much as you want to push his wrist away, once you tasted the blood, there is nothing that you would not do to drink of it. After a few more moments, he puts his free hand on your shoulder. "Enough." It takes some coaxing, even the flashing of some fang, but finally, you relent. He throws open the door to a front kick and carries the two of you outta there as soon as possible.

When you got back to the Mukami mansion, you sighed in relief. "Good thing you saved me, I'm just a puny human after all."

"You're not human. Not anymore...you died the moment that farmhouse collapsed on you. I...turned you." Yuma explained as he looked on the ground in disbelief. You blinked in confusion. "I'm not human...?" You questioned with wide eyes, Yuma shook his head at you. You gasped, hand covering your mouth in shock as you tried to make some sense of this. You looked at your hands, your skin tone was pale as snow, but other than that, you felt pretty normal. You turned to Yuma, suddenly feeling angry. "What have you done to me!?" You screamed just as everyone came sushi g into the living room. "Calm down, your emotions are heightened." Yuma explained but you didn't listen.

You grabbed him by the neck and send him crashing into the wall. He rolled to the ground and you stared at your hands in disbelief. Everyone eyed you in open shock and all you wanted to do was leave. That's what you did. You teleported outside and almost fell on your face, gasping in shock at the dizziness your felt. Eventually, you found your way to the Sakamaki mansion, all by yourself. Yui opened the door and you sobbed as you hugged her tightly and cried into her shoulder.

           ➽───────────────❥