Visiting | Chpt 13

Start from the beginning

I didn't say anything, though I could've gone on forever.

I looked up again to see that my mother was looking at Aizawa, which she had been reluctant to do from the beginning. She usually kept her solemn gaze on me.

"I fear, your safety is compromised out there," she said, there being the real world as I inferred. "I wished you had come with me, but I suppose you have better protection with the heroes than I considered."

"What the hell does it matter? Anywhere else is safer than with you," I stated. She looked back towards me, a tightness in her jaw but an overall calm demeanor.

"Visiting time is over," a guard stated. My mother was quickly escorted out and I grimaced at my hands, not watching her leave. It was quiet for a minute, within the room, before Aizawa spoke.

"I can see you're feeling angry," he said.

"Duh," I muttered. There was a shimmy of chairs and Aizawa placed a hand on my head, standing beside me.

"You know, there's help for that."

"Just--I don't want help right now," I scoffed, standing up. I stepped over the puddles of rainwater I had made. Aizawa trailed behind me. I tossed my guess pass at the front desk and stepped out quickly into the rain. I tugged up my hood, trudging along in the pour. I didn't get too far before Aizawa's scarf snatched me.

"Not so fast (y/n)--"

"Oh come on," I grumbled. He forced me beside him and I stumbled slightly, trying to pull my arms apart.

"Listen to me (y/n)--"

"I just wanna go h--to the dorms," I stated.

"I understand, but we need to talk about what we can do to help you right now."

"Why?!"

"(y/n), you need to calm down before we take the train home."

"Why? Because people will freak and call the police if they see a deranged villain child on the loose?" I questioned. Aizawa's eyebrows were furrowed, just letting the both of us get rained on. His scarf was unmoving and I glared at him.

"No."

"I don't want to talk all the damn time! My mom is a bitch and she knows it and she could've saved me from all that trouble but she didn't. She LIED to me in there all that 'I told your dad not to' nonsense. She's a liar and just as bad as he is, maybe worse because she's not dead!" I called, tugging at the scarf in great frustration. "I hate my family, I hate having been born with them as my parents, I hate my quirk, and I hate my life!"

"(y/n)."

"Lemme go!" I called, tugging hard at the scarf. Aizawa released me and I fell straight to the ground, my butt landing in a puddle. I hadn't even realized I had been crying the entire time, face burning and a lump in my throat the size of a baseball. I listened to the pour of rain on the pavement, different puddles, and my jacket. I was breathing heavily taking in the smell of the petrichor forming.

I didn't know why all of this was coming to me now. At the very beginning, I had refused to accept it was real--half-assing the training courses VIP made me take. Once moved into the school, I had been timid and afraid, unsure on how to feel. It was so very unlike myself. I had hit a sweet spot around a week ago or even sooner, where I felt like myself. More like myself. The person that I was when I was alone, not under my parent's jurisdiction. Now, it was like I was too much and not like myself again. Like some other person had been released.

I didn't know what was wrong with me.

Aizawa's heavy boots walked to me, hands scooping beneath my arms and tugging me up. He unfolded the umbrella and placed it over the both of us. Instead of walking me home with a tight and disapproving hand on my shoulder or dragging me there by my ear, he placed his arm around my shoulders and walked the both of us to the train station. He didn't say anything, only stopping when we were there to get paper towels for my face. Like my mother used to do sometimes, he cleaned up my face the noisy announcements going on in the background. I sniffled slightly.