The Ball & The Tree

I do not own WMMAP, all rights to the owner

Previously on Hiraeth:Asia, Lucas, and Lily looked at each other, they had another adventure to go on

Asia, Lucas, and Lily looked at each other, they had another adventure to go on.

As Asia got ready for the ball she couldn't help but curse at herself. She had so many opportunities to get the branch but no she just had to forget about it. As the maids were helping her get ready they wondered where she was going to get her dress from, every time they asked she would wave them off saying it was a surprise. The dress was absolutely stunning. The dress was high-low and grey, the top was a corset and had vines and birds embroidered. The jewelry was stunning as well, the tiara, earrings, and necklace were made of gems and pearls, all seemingly on gold branches. She truly looked like a princess. Lucas and Asia decided to make a later entrance, even later than the emperors.
[Image below]

As the two walked to the Garnet palace Asia admired her shoes, they were gold to match her jewelry. The shoes were stilettos and the heel part was made of metal. It was accented with vines and leaves. As they walked they discussed their trip to the world tree, they both needed something from it. Lucas needed the fruit to replenish his mana and Asia needed the branch to knock some sense into Claude. Although she never thought of him as a father, he deserves a second chance to fix his mistakes. Asia sighed as she saw the entrance, she twitter her ring, feeling protected by the fact that it was a sword. Anastacius was going to be here tonight and he was being possessed by that former emperor. Tonight was going to be tiring.
As they reached the door Asia hooked her arm with Lucas,
"Now presenting Her Highness, Athanasia De Alger Obelia. Accompanied by Lucas, a royal magician." 

Lucas gritted his teeth and before he attacked the announcer Asia yanked him to the top of the staircase. As she stepped out all eyes were on them, she glared at them to put their heads down, they did. As she descended the stairs she headed straight to greet her father not acknowledging anyone else. The music hadn't started yet and Claude waited on his throne.
"Blessings and Glory to the Sun of the Obelian Empire." Asia curtsied and Lucas reluctantly bowed.
"Raise your heads, congratulations on your debutante Athanasia."
"Thank you, Your Majesty." 

With that they went and danced the first dance, the two looked magical as they glided across the floor. After they were done Asia decided to tell the emperor that she was going to be away from the palace for a while. As she walked up the stairs she curtsied and asked to talk to him. He nodded and they popped into the audience room for a minute. Claude frowned,
"What do you want?" Less hostile than Asia thought he would be.
"I just wanted to inform you that I will be away from the palace again for a few months."
"Why would I care?"
"Thought I would inform you, your majesty. I think something very interesting is going to happen tonight. I have one thing to ask of you though, you do not have to agree."
"Well spit it out."
"I want to lead the army." Claude looked surprised. Why would this girl want to lead an army?
"And why would I let you do that," Asia smirked,
"Well one, you will want me out of your hair soon. Two, I have a chance of dying don't I if I leave to go fight."
"Exactly why would I want you to be gone?" Asia chuckled.
"You will see by the end of the night." Asia had connections all over the place. She heard through the grapevine the Duke was going to introduce Jennette tonight.
"Alright then let us make a bet then. If something does happen I will let you lead this war. I hope you don't disappoint either way." Asia smiled and took her to leave. Claude was confused, that girl was something else, but she would make a good empress. He steeled himself, that wench wasn't his daughter what he was thinking.
Once she left Asia socialized and tried gaining connections starting with the girls and working her way up to their parents. Finally, she met Jennette. She walked over smiling,
"Hello, Lady Margarita, it is a pleasure to meet you." Asia smiled at the girl, she practically radiated black magic.
"Hello, princess, the pleasure is all mine." She said as she curtsied. Asia smiled, Jennette wasn't all bad. The poor thing was just manipulated, her aunt is the true bain of Asia's existence. They chatted and got along well, the black magic was starting to take a toll on her so she took her to leave. She went to find Lucas and found him at the snack table surrounded by girls, he looked miserable. Asia walked over to him and sat down, not even sparing a glance at the girls she started to chat with him and wanted until they got the hint to tell him,
"He played right into my hand."
"Oh?"
"He made a bet, if something interesting happened tonight I would lead the troops into battle. Also, he doesn't give a rats-ass about us leaving." They had placed a sound barrier around them so no one could hear them. Just as they finished their conversation Duke Alphes brought Jennette up to the front. Asia smirked.
"Your Majesty, I would like to introduce to you your daughter, Jennette De Alger Obelia."
The crowd gasped, some looked towards Asia who was smiling. Smirking for those knowing. Claude almost looked surprised, he smirked and said,
"Interesting, come to the meeting room. Athanasia come along too." Asia stood up and walked over to Lucas, as they walked towards the room Asia smiled and whispered in his ear,
"Everything goes according to plan." 

Lucas merely looked annoyed but smirked. She walked over to the door and knocked. A "Come in" was heard. As Asia turned to tell Lucas to leave he was gone. She opened the door ready to play the game.

To be continued...