Chapter 6 (Epilogue)

Years later

"Mom! Ally is using her claws again!" Alex shouted, running into the kitchen and attaching himself to my leg.

    I picked my son up and walked out into the living room to see Allison playing with her claws, shredding an old pillow.

    "Allison, what did your father and I tell you about using your claws indoors?" I told her sternly.

    My daughter looked up at me with big doe eyes. "You and Daddy told me not to use them without an adult . . ."

    "That's right. Will you remember that now?"

    "I will, Mommy." She nodded, shifting back to human and her eyes lighting up. "Daddy!"

    I turned towards the entrance of our house and saw Theo coming in, taking off his winter jacket and picking Allison up and spinning her around.

    "How was work?" I asked him, coming over to him and swapping children.

    "The same as always." He answered.

    "Daddy, can you tell me and Alex a bedtime story?" Allison asked, yawning.

    I smiled and we walked out children upstairs and into their rooms, setting them down in their beds and sitting on the edges of their beds.

    "What do you want to hear?" Theo asked Allison, gently moving her hair from her eyes.

    "When you and Mommy fell in love." Alex spoke up in a happy voice.

    "You've heard that story a million times, Alex." I said with a smile at my son.

    "I like it. Pleeeeeeease?" Allison and Alex begged.

    Theo looked at me and chuckled lightly, nodding. "Okay. Once more."

    "Yay!" They clapped their hands.

    Theo smiled at our children and put his hand fondly on Allison's head. "It began a long time ago. Back when scary monsters lived here."

    Alex let out a small whimper and held onto my hand tightly. "Mommy? Daddy? Will the monsters come back?"

    I looked at Theo, then looked at our son. "No, sweetie. They won't. We will be here to protect you two. Always."

    "Promise?" Allison spoke up.

    "We promise." Theo answered, placing a light kiss on her forehead.

    "Okay . . ." Alex nodded, pulling the covers closer to him. "Story time now?"

     I smiled. "Story time now."

    The phone rang from downstairs.

    Theo sighed and got up. "I'll be right back, kiddos." He said and walked over to me, kissing my head. "Tell them the story."

    I watched as he left the room to begin telling the story again to my two young children.

    "Your father and I had good times and bad times. Some people thought your father was a bad person, but I showed them he wasn't." I told them.

    "What about Uncle Liam?" Alex asked.

    I smiled and stroked back hair hair. "Your uncle Liam and your father had their ups and downs as well, but they got past their differences in time."

    "And Uncle Stiles and Auntie Lydia? And Grandpa?" Allison asked.

    "All of them had their doubts about your father, but they eventually all came around to see him the way I see him."

    Allison and Alex smiled. "A hero?"

    I smiled and nodded. "Yes."

    "Another story!" Alex said.

    I chuckled and shook my head, bending down and kissing Alex's forehead before getting up and kissing Allison's forehead.

    "Not tonight. Maybe tomorrow. For now, get some sleep." I said to them, switching off the light and having their nightlights cast a faint yellow glow of stars around their room.

    "Goodnight, Mommy." Alex said sleepily.

    "Night night, Alex. Sweet dreams." I said to him, looking over and seeing Allison already asleep.

    I closed the door silently and headed downstairs, where Theo was just putting his phone away before he sank back onto the couch.

    He saw me and smiled softly, holding out his arms and wrapping them around me as I leaned against his chest.

    "Who was that?" I asked.

    "Liam. He wanted to know if he could visit the kids tomorrow." He answered.

    "And?"

    "I said he could. You won't mind, would you?" He asked.

    "Of course not. I miss seeing Baby wolf here every other day."

    Theo chuckled lightly and kissed my hair. "Still calling him that?"

    "Of course. He's still the baby wolf I met years ago."

    "And me? Am I still the Chimera of Death you met years ago?"

    I turned around in his arms and smiled at him, kissing him. "Former Chimera of Death. And my husband."

    He smiled and kissed me again. "I love you, Elizabeth."

    "And I love you, Theo."

*cue the crying* it's over. This series has now officially come to a close. I hope you liked the books!

🐺🐺🐺