Abbys Big Comeback

DESTINYS POV
today was a big day. season 8 of dance moms. that meant a whole new team. the only people returning were lily and i.

i'm super happy i get to dance with my sister since she's been cast as well. i honestly think this will be a pretty good dance season.

the first day of the competition season is always the longest since we have to learn to dance together since we never have. i've only dances with lily and pressley. it's a whole new thing for everyone else.

the new team was all spreaded around the studio warming up with our headshots. the headshot's we'd be using for pyramid next week.

when abby came in we all lined up and i could tell she noticed that lily and i wore our team jackets. she smiled at it before starting. "alright welcome to Pittsburgh! this is exciting, you all worked really hard to get here. and now you're here, you did it. give yourselves a round of applause." she said and we all clapped for each other and ourselves.

"all right, you kids have been given the chance of a lifetime. now i have been given a second chance and another chance at life. another chance to put my name on the map. so I'm grateful for the second chance I've been given. i think all of you should remain grateful for this opportunity."

"don't think for one minute that you have a permanent spot on this team. i can take it away from you. i have givin you this opportunity and as quickly as you heard the news you could be headed home, ok? it could all be gone down below it understand?"

we nodded and she then explained the pyramid and how we wouldn't be doing one today since it was the first day and she wanted everyone to start off on the same playing field. "speaking of which, destiny and lily. you're the only two wearing your aldc jackets right? your the only two that have one."

the two of us nodded while i responded with a simple "yes."

"this is a new competition season everybody's going to start out fresh on the same foot yes?" she asked and we nodded "so give me the jacket."

the of us breathed out a small laugh as we walked over to her, unzipping the jackets. she took them and we lined back up with the team.

"this week were going to red bank New Jersey. we will attend starbound competition everyone is in the routine. it's called broken hearts."

this week there was a trio with sarah lily and pressley and a competing trio with savannah hannah and gianina.

"and i have a solo. that's going to destiny." at this i smiled. i was surprised i was getting a solo right out the gate. "it is entitled dangerous."

"remember everyone's replaceable."

with that, the moms went upstairs and we went right into learning the group. it was contemporary and abby gave brady and i some nice partner work. it was a little awkward since we've only said one word to each other but whatever. abby even pulled out a real heart we had to use.

ASHLEY'S POV
the moms and i all watched as group rehearsals ended and destiny started learning her solo. it was a fast paced numbers with a lot of tricks. he specialty.

"you know ashley, i haven't seen destiny dance in so long but it's so nice to see it again." stacey told me. and i thanked her.

"do you think she'll go back to being the favorite?" anne asked me and i shrugged.

"i don't know? abby said it was an even playing field."

"well she just got a solo so it's safe to say she's the favorite."

"well abby knows what she can do." i shrugged.

"she knows what lily can do too but she didn't get a solo." stacey pointed out