The return of Abby

DESTINY'S POV
today was gonna be a big day. i was returning to audition for Dance Moms season 8. this time my sister pressley would be auditioning also.

i spent about an hour stretching and warming up after i woke up. i was so ready.

even though i did leave the team for the irreplaceable's, abby didn't hold it against me. she knew that the producers wanted me with the older girls since i've been dancing with them longer. and i didn't wanna dance with the minis back then since i was so advanced and on the elites level.

I had got dress and did my hair in a ponytail while i wore an 'abby's army' sports bra like some of the girls retuning and my season 7 jacket. after doing pressley's hair we were off to auditions.

the camera crew, who were mostly the same as season 7 had lily ellie maesi and i walk into auditions together so they could film it. the first person we ran into was gia so we all immediately hugged her. i actually haven't seen her since i walked out of the studio.

after stretching for awhile we started learning the combo we'd be auditioning with. i had learned it really fast so gia had me demonstrate it for everyone.

a few people stood out to me as i watched them do the dance while i drank some water. a tall girl with brown hair and a really pretty leo ( it was like different colors of purple ) a girl with a orange leo and cat ears. a short blonde with black and white two piece. a girl with a red and gray two piece with roses. and a really tall guy with brown hair and really nice technique.

abby soon came into the room for an announcement. "i am looking for a group that would be that 12-14 age group. that would be similar to destiny and maesi. i'm looking for people that tumble, are striking with confidence, powerful. like destiny."

"then I have the age group of lilliana and elliana. i'm looking for people with straight legs, feet pointed, beautiful extension, hip under, turned out, length of the back of the knee all the time. all of that. and if there's some thing I just said that you have no idea what I'm talking about you're screwed.

she then split up the older kids from the younger kids to run auditions. i could tell some people were looking at me when they didn't know the combo. a lot of people are screwed.

a lot of people were soon cut and only a few were now lined up in front of abby. she went down the line and asked someone to perform a dance move. most couldn't or didn't know what it was. she then turned to me and i stood straighter. 

"destiny. come to the front." she called and i did so a bit confused. "do a emboîté." I thought for a second not wanting to mess up but ended up executing it perfectly. "do a buck and wing time step" "flea hops." "jumping échappé."

i did all three moves perfectly and she applauded me like the rest of the people behind me. "that's what i want. those are the steps you need to be successful."

she let everyone go for awhile so the retuning girls all sat together with our moms eating. "theres a lot of good dancers." lily pointed out

"oh yeah. really good." ellie agreed

"but don't let them rattle your nerves. you got this girls." stacey said as we packed up our snacks to join abby.

abby soon had 15 dancers left after her elimination process. she was only keeping 8 for the team but she wasn't coming to a decision tonight.

once everyone was gone i grabbed my bag and after saying bye to abby and gia, i met up with my sister who ran up and hugged me.

"you did so good press!" i said squeezing her.

"really?"

"yeah, really. i say we get food to celebrate." i said as we looked over to our mom who easily gave in.