Chapter 3: A New Skill, The Second Recruit, and an Old Foe

Monster Island

It was morning. Godzilla was greeted when he woke up by the shining sun in his hammock. Yawning, he stepped out of the hammock and onto the solid ground. Now he was greeted by something else.
"Good morning." Gamera said. Godzilla yelped and jumped back. His legs caught on the hammock and he tripped, falling onto the ground, on his head. He groaned and got back up, rubbing his head.
"Are you alright?" Gamera asked. He didn't really move or seem concerned, except for a lightly raised eyebrow.
"Yeah, I'm fine." Godzilla said, still rubbing the sore spot. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to wake you up." Gamera answered. "We need to start training immediately."
Godzilla raised an eyebrow. "Can it wait until after breakfast?"
"No." Gamera said. He grabbed Godzilla by the back of his collar and pulled him away from the hammock. Godzilla was almost too tired to care. Eventually, they were in a large grassy field.
"I don't even have my sword." Godzilla protested. He started to walk back, but he was stopped by Gamera.
"You don't need it. I'm going to teach you a new technique." He said. "One that I was taught by the Atlanteans. I'm going to teach you to manipulate Mana energy."
Gamera demonstrated by waving his arms in the air, gathering a blueish-pink light. It resembled a version of tai-chi. Suddenly, Gamera's movements quickened and he moved his arms out, firing a beam of light at a tree. Godzilla was impressed, but confused.
"What's Mana energy?" He asked.
"You see, every living creature, including the Earth itself, has Mana energy." Gamera explained. "This technique allows the user to manipulate the energy, and not just into a beam." Godzilla thought for a moment. He was tired, yes, but learning a new technique would be useful in battle. It might make fighting SpaceGodzilla even easier.
"Alright, I'm in." Godzilla said. Gamera nodded.
"Follow my lead." Gamera said. He adjusted his stance, and Godzilla did the same. He started moving his arms in the same way as before, but slightly slower.
"Try to focus on the Earth's Mana energy, and not the movements." Gamera said.
"Got it." Godzilla answered. He tried as hard as he could, but he couldn't even summon a single spark. The two tried again and again, and after a few more hours, Godzilla was able to summon a small amount of energy.
"I think I got it!" He said. Instead of focusing it into a beam, he tried something else. The energy formed a long stream in his hand, resembling a blade. Even Gamera was impressed.
"Interesting technique." He said. "But not perfect. We can continue this later."
The energy blade disappeared from Godzilla's hands, and the two walked back to the forest.
"What time is it?" Godzilla asked. "We must have been training for at least a few hours."
Gamera looked up at the sun, trying to judge the position. "Yes, it's about...12 or so." Gamera said. Godzilla stopped.
"You mean I wasted my morning training!?" He exclaimed.
"Is that where you two were?" A voice said. The two turned to face Kiryu, who was standing in another path. His black eye visor was pulled down over his eyes, as usual. "Mothra was getting worried." He continued.
"Hey, Kiryu." Godzilla said. "Did I miss anything?"
"Not much." Kiryu shrugged. "We saw that you didn't show up for breakfast, and Jet said you weren't in your hammock. Mothra told me to go out and look for you."
"I'll go calm her down." Godzilla said. He took off down the path Kiryu had came from. Kiryu looked back at Gamera. His expression changed to a slightly more serious one.
"I'm surprised you remembered me." Kiryu said. Gamera raised an eyebrow.
"Excuse me? I don't believe we've met before." He said.
"It's a long story." Kiryu explained. "In short, I'm not just a cyborg. I'm the original Godzilla."
Gamera was surprised by his answer, but tried not to show it. "But I thought you died." He said.
"Oh, I did." Kiryu said. "After I died, my skeleton was used for the base of a military cyborg. I managed to keep my genetic memory, though. Unfortunately, it made me go insane for a little while. But Godzilla was able to calm me down... by beating the crap out of me."
Gamera looked back at the path Godzilla ran down, making sure he wasn't in earshot. "Does he know who you really are?" Kiryu looked the same way. "I don't think so." He said. "Mothra does, but she's promised to keep it a secret." He turned back to Gamera.
"If you need any help, I'm always here to lend a hand." Kiryu assured. Gamera nodded and ran after Godzilla. Kiryu did the same.

A Forrest near Osaka, Japan

The green blur shot through the trees, leaving the faint trace of a high pitched cackle behind. Kumonga and Hedorah followed her, jumping on trees and branches. The green blur suddenly stopped on a tree branch. Megaguirus stood on the branch, wearing a greenish-purple armless dress. The fabric of the dress was covered in a hard slightly translucent material, almost like scales. Her dark green hair had a yellow streak through it, and was tied into two long pigtails. She gave out the same deranged cackle as before. It almost sounded like a schoolgirl giggling at a joke, but slightly more insane.
"Aww, is that as fast as you can go?" She taunted. She took off again, flying through the forrest at top speed. Kumonga looked at Hedorah.
"We're never gonna catch up to her this way." He said. "I have a plan, but it's risky."
"Whatever can get her attention." Hedorah said. The two stopped on a branch. Kumonga whispered the plan into Hedorah's ear, just to make sure Megaguirus didn't hear it. Hedorah nodded and they set the plan in action. He placed his hand on the tree, making it deteriorate and rot. The tree fell foreword, and the two jumped to the top. When the tree finally fell, they were in front of Megaguirus by a few meters.
"It worked!" Hedorah said.
Kumonga quickly got to work and shot a large web between two trees. By the time she noticed the webbing, she was going too fast to stop. She crashed into the web and stuck to it. Struggling only made it worse, and she was soon wrapped up in web. She sighed in defeat.
"Okay you win." She said, giggling."That was fun. So what did you two need?"
Hedorah rolled his eyes behind his mask. "You have been selected for SpaceGodzilla's new army." He said.
"Not sure why." Kumonga mumbled.
Megaguirus spun herself upside down on the web, giggling to herself. "That sounds like fun." She said. "I'm in. When can I start?"
Kumonga cut her down abruptly with a single claw. She yelped as she fell onto the ground.
"Right now." He said. Megaguirus glared at him and rubbed her head.
"Jerk." She spat. He knelt down in front of her, looking directly into her eyes.
"You do know what spiders do to bugs, right?" Kumonga said with an evil grin. Megaguirus went pale and looked away nervously.
"That's enough." Hedorah said sternly, grabbing Kumonga and holding him up by the shirt collar. He turned back to Megaguirus. "Don't worry about him, he's harmless." He assured.

Kyoto, Japan

After their first meeting, SpaceGodzilla lowered the ship into an open field in Kyoto. Biolante and Gigan had arrived early. SpaceGodzilla was there to greet them.
"Where is Titanosaurus?" He asked.
"He said he'd think about it." Gigan said.
SpaceGodzilla grimaced. "Very well." He said. "I just received a transmission from Hedorah and Kumonga saying that Megaguirus had agreed, but I haven't heard anything about Megalon yet."
Gigan nodded. The three walked into the ship and back into the lab. SpaceGodzilla pressed a few buttons on the control panel.
"Even if Titanosaurus refuses our request, I still have the ace up my sleeve." He explained.
A door on the wall opened. A strange creature was locked up inside, growling and struggling. It was chained by its wrists and legs. The legs had high haunches and clawed toes, like a raptor, and the arms were enormous red bat wings. The entire body was covered in black leathery skin, except for it's clawed hands and the head, which wore a large pointed hood that covered it's glowing red eyes. The rest of it's skin was pale with dark veins showing underneath. The creature roared and growled and screeched while thrashing around in its metal binding. Gigan and Biolante were surprised to say the least.
"What the hell is that?" Gigan asked.
"That is Gyaos." SpaceGodzilla explained. "Years ago many of them existed. They ravaged Japan until they were all wiped out by...something. This is the last one. I tried to mind control it, but unfortunately its mind is too simple to be controlled. I have it chained up now, but I will unleash it on Godzilla when the time comes."
"It's...terrifying." Biolante said, almost in shock from seeing the creature.
"I'm glad you like it." SpaceGodzilla said. He pressed the button again and the door shut.
Gigan adjusted his glasses. "I'm not sure about this..." He said to himself.