19- Are You Okay?

Elle continued running for god knows how long. She couldn't stop, feeling her breath starting to hitch more and more. She stopped and looked around frantically, hoping to outrun Ziggy. Her head was buried into her hands as hot tears came down her face after hearing the conversation.

"Second of all, why can I not like the weird girl?"..."Oh so, if I just asked you to kiss me right now, would you do it?!"

A stifled sob came from her as she heard a twig break. She quickly looked up and then around. "Who was that?" She asked out loud. "Not to be rude, but can you fuck off? I'm kinda in the middle of a breakdown here?" Heavy breathing came from nearby and she turned towards the left.

When she looked straight back, she saw something that made her lose her breath a little. Arnie was there in all his glory, bloodied and carrying an axe. "Arnie? Are you okay?" She asked. No noise came from him. Instead, he walked right towards her, muttering to himself.

Elle began running as fast as her legs could carry, hearing quick footsteps behind her. That gave her enough motivation to try and run faster. "HELP! ARNIE HAS AN AXE! HE-" She could feel the axe blade hitting her back, knocking her to the ground. "Arnie! What the hell, man?!" She yelled, turning to look at him.

Arnie stood overtop her, bringing the axe back. With brute force, he swung the axe in her chest, over and over again. She coughed to keep the blood from letting her choke. With a shaky breath, she slowly exhaled, Elle Watkins taking her final breaths. Alone and heartbroken.

-

"This is gonna take forever!" Tori yelled. "Almost there!" The group of four was wandering around the caves. Finding a crawl space, the group quickly took note and got on their knees.

As Tori was making her way up, Cindy found something nearby. Seeing she had her bag from when Alice had it, she quickly grabbed the item and put it gently in the bag.

"Cindy!" Tori called out. "Coming!" Running towards the crawl space, she quickly crawled up and pushed herself up, seeing everyone else in the kitchen of the mess hall.

"Everyone's doing color war, so we can run out the entrance." Alex said, making her way to the door. "What about Arnie?" "We gotta warn everyone about him before he kills more people."

-

Ziggy heard yelling. She could hear Elle screaming for help. Running in that direction, she looked and saw nothing but a body. "Elle?" No response. Just silence. A strong, metallic scent smacked her nostrils. "Oh no..." She began stumbling backwards.

Running back towards the camp, she ran into someone. "Ziggy?" Looking up, she saw Mads, with a concerned look on their face. "What's wrong?" Ziggy ran into their arms and let out gut wrenching sobs. "Elle's dead. She's dead."

"How do you know?" "I saw her damn body." Nick came running nearby. "Is she okay?" He asked. Ziggy's head shot up and turned to Nick. With one swift movement, her fist connected with his right cheek.

"YOU ASSHOLE! IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, SHE WOULD BE ALIVE!" "ZIGGY!" Mads yelled, trying to get her attention. "Who would be alive?!" "ELLE!" The surrounding area got quiet.

"Elle's...dead?" A nearby camper asked. The older three turned to the camper, that so being Martin. Ziggy took a breath and looked at him. "Martin.......yeah. Yeah, she's gone."

Martin couldn't believe his ears. He didn't want to believe Elle was dead. Was she dead? "Y-you're lying..." "I wish I was. But-" Rapid footsteps came throughout the forests. Looking ahead, four figures were made out.

"Martin!" One of the voices yelled. Gaining speed, the person ran and hugged Martin tight. "What the- Alex?" She nodded her head quickly into his shoulder. "I'm so sorry for not being here all the time. I'm so sorry."