12- The Story of Two Survivors

After doing her daily night routine, C. Berman sat in her house as the news station ran. Of course the story being another Shadysider going crazy. Poor Tori Torres, I guess. Of course, she knew that wasn't the truth. It was too repetitive to be the truth. She knew a few things about repetitiveness.

On another side of town, Martin looked at an old photo album. He stopped at one particular picture of him, his brother, and older sister in front of a sign. Camp Nightwing. Madison walked in and saw him flipping through the book. "You okay?" She asked. He quickly shut the book and put it on the side table. "Y-yeah! I'm cool..." He knew it wasn't a coincidence when Deena and Sam told him what was happening.

Both of them have one thing in common and they're going to realize it again soon...

-

"What the fuck?!" Elle almost yelled out when her, Kate, and Simon got there. Josh and Alexis sat near, looking at the sight in front of them. Sam was tied up by phone cables and growling, foaming at the mouth. "I don't know. I was on the phone with that C. Berman girl earlier and then she just attacked me! She looked dead. Like...REALLY dead." Deena explained in almost one breath.

"And she just started acting like this?" Kate asked. "Yeah! I don't know why!" Simon seemed to slowly realize something. "What if we find C. Berman?" He said. "You think she'll want to see us?" Alexis asked. "Well maybe she can tell us about Nightwing!" Josh realized. "Yeah! Yeah."

"Well I need to see my brother first so I'll be back." Alexis said, grabbing her denim jacket and walking out of the house. "I'll go with her. Just in case." Simon said, running out of the house.

He caught up to her and started walking at her pace. "You okay?" He asked. She nodded, yet seemed uneasy. "I-I'm sorry...about Tori. I know how much she meant to you." Alexis said. "Yeah...funny enough though, she was always waiting for you to move back. Even though it's been over a year. She still waited. Saying something like, 'maybe she'll change her mind about living with her dad.' She wanted you back so bad." Simon said.

Alexis stopped walking. Simon stopped in his tracks too. Without him realizing, they ended up at the front of her house. Or well, her brother's house. "It'll be quick, but you can come in if you want." She said. Simon nodded and waited for a second.

She knocked on the door and was met with Mads. "Hey...is my brother here?" She asked. "Yeah. Come in." The door opened wider and Simon walked up towards the house as well, stepping in.

It was something nicely decorated for someone living in Shadyside. "Martin!" Alexis called out. "Martin!"

Martin came out of a room, growing frustrated at the constant calling of his name. "WHAT?!" Alexis' arms came up. "Woah! Hey! Chill...I just wanted to let you know I was leaving out with my friends for a few."

Martin looked at his sister then at her friend. "No. I cant risk it." Alexis looked shocked. "Martin please! They need my help!" "No!" Martin started walking away and Alexis followed. Simon started walking around with Alexis like a lost puppy.

"Why not?!" "Because I don't need you ending up like her!" "Like who, Martin?!" "I'm not allowed to tell you!" "Like mom or dad would ever fucking care! You guys always keep stuff from me! WHO IS 'HER', MARTIN! WHO IS-" "ALEX!" He finally yelled out. The whole house got quiet and all three stopped in their tracks, Simon almost bumping into Alexis. "I don't need you...ending up....like Alex."

"Who's- who's Alex?" Martin didn't say a word, but grabbed his jacket and walked out. "Come on! Nobody even tells me anything!" Alexis groaned out in frustration. Martin walked back in and looked at the two teenagers in the house. "You guys coming or what?"

Mads walked out from a room. "Where are you going?" "I need...to take care of some things." Mads grabbed a jacket off of the coat rack. "Then I'm coming too. I'm not leaving you alone again." He nodded quickly and the four took off.

-

"Where the hell are they?!" Josh checked his watch for what the group felt like the 500th time. "They'll be here soon, Josh. Just be patient." Elle assured him.

The front door opened and there stood Alexis and Simon, but with her brother and the third Johnson. "Martin might have some information about C. Berman." Simon said, crossing his arms.

"Y'all headed to C. Berman's house I heard?" Martin asked. "Yeah...to handle our...problem." Kate said slowly. "Problem?" Mads asked

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" Mads almost yelled out seeing Sam in the trunk. "Cool...okay cool...there's a half-possessed, tied-up white girl in your trunk." Martin said. "Her name is Sam." Deena commented. "R-r-right. Sorry. S-Sam." Martin stuttered out.

"Well we can't waste away our time. Let's go!" Alexis said, walking back out the door. Everyone followed suit as they went to C. Berman's house.

-

C. Berman laid down on her couch, her dog, Major Tom, standing near. Her front door rattled a bit and flashlights shined in the house. She took notice and looked at Major Tom. Thinking quickly, she took him to her room and locked him in the closet. "I'll be right back." She told the dog, who began to whine.

Walking towards her front door, she heard a crash in the kitchen. Grabbing a nearby knife, she went into it and went to charge at the person. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" She questioned, pointing the knife at them and turning the lights on.

Deena sat on her floor hands up in the air. "HEY HEY HEY! It's me! We called you earlier! And you called us back!" She yelled. C. Berman began to remember the conversation she had with one girl and the other a boy. Looking out the window, she saw Josh ready to climb in and about six other people. "Why the hell did you come here?!" She asked, lowering her weapon.

-

"Oh no! Run away from here as fast as you can!" The older woman  said, walking away from the trunk. "Please! We need to help her!" Deena begged. "No! Get your car and IT off my property!" "Her name is Sam!" Deena yelled back in response as C. Berman walked back in the direction of the house.

"Come on, C. Let them help." Martin said. C. Berman turned her head and saw Martin leaning against the car. "Martin?" "Hey..." The two of them stared at each other. "I- uhhh.....I promised my sister I would tell her what happened that day. Maybe do the same for them?" He suggested. C. Berman stood and looked at the small group. "Just....keep her away from Major Tom!"

-

Deena and Elle worked together to tie Sam to the heater in the bathroom as she growled some more. "It'll be okay, Sam." Deena quietly said to her. Finishing off some knots, they walked out of the bathroom and shut the door.

Walking back into the living room, both of them saw everyone standing and looking back at the door. Elle nervously smiled. "It's okay. She's tied up in the bathroom so she won't be able to get out. We're cool." Sam growled and let out a shriek, making everyone turn their heads. "Yep! We're cool! We're cool." Elle said, confirming her statement.

"Sit down." C. Berman said. Everyone sat down on the carpet and Martin sat in a nearby chair. She pulled out a book and Martin dug in his pockets, pulling out his wallet. Both pulled out a Polaroid picture of some sort.

"This was...July 12th, 1978....the first day of camp." C. Berman started, then threw the photograph on the ground. Martin did the same and everyone got a closer look.

In C. Berman's picture stood two girls, one wearing a polo and shorts with moccasins on and brown hair. The other was a redhead with a Camp Nightwing shirt on, some shorts and sneakers. The girl with the brown hair had a smile on her face and the redhead had a nonchalant look on her face.

The other picture had three children instead of two. On the left, two young boys stood near each other, arms around the other's shoulders. They had a huge smile and were wearing matching clothes. Towards the right was a teenage girl with some overall shorts on, having her black hair in a braided ponytail.

"That's Alex?" Alexis asked her brother. "Yeah. Alexandra. My older sister." Martin said. "What happened to her?" Josh asked, growing more interested. "That's the thing...." Martin trailed off as C. Berman looked at the group of teens. "A week later, our sisters were dead."