03- A "Lovely" Reunion

Josh and Deena's dad pulled up to the Sunnyvale High School parking lot. Decked out in her band outfit, Deena got out the car. "I gotta go see Sam, but I'll let you know if I see Alex." She said. Josh nodded and got out of the car. Their dad pulled off as Josh walked towards one of the buildings.

Deena walked out towards the football field where the vigil was being held. Looking around, she finally spotted the person she was looking for. Her face softened up seeing what was in front of her. Alex was with some girl, as they were hugging and kissing.

Growing furious, she stormed up to the pair. Tapping Alex on the shoulder, Deena harshly whispered, "Follow me," and walked off. Alex being confused turned on the heel of their shoe and followed Deena.

Finally getting to where they needed to be, Deena walked up to Josh. "Might wanna ask Alex about the girl all up on 'em." She seethed before giving Alex a side eye and walking off. He looked as Deena walked off and saw Alex.

"Hey..." Alexis Franklin stood in front of him, looking back confused as Deena walked off. "You wanted to see me?" She asked, turning back around to face him. "Yeah...uhhhh....I wanted to give you this." He said, holding out a small box. "Is this the bracelet?" "Yeah..."

Both stood in an awkward silence. Alexis fiddled with her cheerleading skirt and pulled on a plait. "Look I just want you to know that-" "I know. It isn't my fault since your parents split up. I just didn't like you telling me last minute you was moving to Sunnyvale." Alexis looked hurt as he told her. "I'm sorry! Nobody would tell me anything, not even Martin! I wish I told you sooner, but I didn't!" Josh scoffed at what she said.

"Well you also moved on pretty quickly too, huh?" Her face softened up. "It's not what you think-" "What was her name Alex?" "Josh stop please..." "What was her NAME Alex?" Alexis covered her ears, tears coming down her face. "I don't wanna talk about it!" "The girl all up on you!" "Stop!" "The girl you was with earlier!" "Amara! Her name is Amara."

Both looked at each other. Alexis shoved the box in his direction. "Give it to some other girl. I don't want it anymore." She said, growing uncomfortable. "There's a reason I brought it back to you." "Well tough fucking luck Josh! I knew this was gonna happen when you see I finally moved on. I'm sorry that my parents got divorced after my brother dropped out. I'm sorry they realized they couldn't stand being in the same house together. I'm sorry that all of this came up last second and I was forced to tell you last second. I'm sorry for it all! But it isn't my fault." "Well it sure feels like it!" "Fuck you! If anything, it's your fault for getting so upset, asshole!"

Both grew furious with each other as the seconds passed. Alexis shoved the box in his direction again and another word was going to come out before they were interrupted. A scream came from the direction of the field and both ran towards it.

A fight was breaking out on the field and someone grabbed her arm. Amara Lee dragged her away from the field and took her back to her car. "Come on. I saw those Shittysiders getting on their bus back. We can deal with them later." Alexis looked towards Deena and Josh's direction, her face softening up. "Okay..."

-

"Pieces of shit!" Kate yelled as everyone cheered. Deena and Josh sat in the very back, Josh still blowing off some steam from the argument prior. Both tuned Kate out, but came back when seeing bright headlights. "What the..." "Guys come here!" Deena yelled. Simon, Elle, and Kate ran towards the back. "Goddamn Sunnyvalers!" Kate said furiously. "Hey isn't that..." Simon trailed off. Elle got a good look into the car and saw her old friend. "Alexis..."

Alexis sat in the front seat, her arms crossed and looked as if she had been crying. "Help me with this!" Deena said, opening the back door. Josh caught on and grabbed one handle of the cooler.

"Amara stop!" Alexis yelled at her, grabbing her arm and holding on tightly. "Let me go, you bitch!" Amara yelled, forcefully taking Alexis' arm off of her. "If you want to get your revenge on Josh, this is the way to do it." Alexis forced herself back into the seat, crossing her arms again.

"Are we sure this is a good idea?" Elle asked, grabbing the other handle of the cooler. "One..." "Deena..." "Two..." "Josh..." "Three!" "Guys!" Kate yelled. "What?!" Both yelled furiously.

"Your noses!" Elle said, shrinking back in disgust. Deena touched her nose and Josh touched his, letting go of the cooler. It spilled out of the back and hit the car behind them. The car swerved and crashed into the forest. "Stop!" "Stop the bus!" Both Johnson siblings yelled.