It felt too soon for him to have these feelings about her. For all he knew, she could have a secret love interest that could be revealed at any time.

She did mention a certain Kent.

He knew he was not unfamiliar with getting rid of threats so that would not be a problem.

The rational part of him knew it was better to ask her but at that time, sleep was more important. And well... A million other things were more important than him asking about her relationship status and expressing his feelings.

~~~

Tobias woke up to his phone vibrating on the dresser and laughed at how far it was. He thought Eniola must have put it on vibrate and kept it so far away so it wouldn't wake him but it still did.

He was a light sleeper.

"Hola, Luca?" He answered after clearing his throat from sleep.

"Buenas tardes, jefe. Were you asleep? I'm sorry if I woke you up." The boy's tiny voice rang from the phone.

"It's fine. Have you found Miguel?"

"I have seen him at the hotel. He says Alvaro asks us to stay put?" Tobias could not miss the falter in his tone as he mentioned Alvaro. He could also hear low voices in the background.

"Yes, I instructed him to tell you that. Are the others with you?"

"Ah, yes. Luis, Mateo, Ole and some other men are here too—"

"Tell him about her!"

"Yeah won't you tell him about her?"

"Mateo, Luis rompió el teléfono!" Mateo, Luis broke the telephone!

"I haven't seen that telephone in my whole life!"

"Puta, you're holding it right now."

"And what is your point?"

"Who?" Tobias questioned after pinching the bridge of his nose, mildly irritated by the banter between the full grown men.

"Aunt Rebecca. She was here a while ago but got a hold of Alvaro and left." Ah, fuck.

"She's in New York?" He asked quietly, talking to himself. That woman was in Paris just last night.

"Yes boss. She came here shouting that she wants to see you and left after she was able to talk to Alvaro."

Rebecca's arrival always meant trouble. His sister was just as crazy as Eniola. He didn't think he would want them both to be in the same place.

"Esta bien. Take care of yourself... Mateo?"

The mutterings in the background ceased.

"Yes, boss?" The man's voice rang out nervously and Tobias could almost swear he heard him gulp.

"Please keep Franco and Luis from killing themselves?"

"I'll try my best, boss." The man answered, relieved and Tobias hung up.

He sighed as he pushed himself off the bed, looking at the time on his phone. It was 20 minutes past noon. He had wasted half of the day sleeping. Not that he regretted it, he couldn't ignore how light and more alert he felt. His head didn't feel too heavy to keep up.

He stretched and straightened his rumpled t-shirt before heading to the bathroom to clean his face.

He was right.