Chapter 21

Antonio POV

Julls has been gone for 3 days now, I went to her house to check her but only found her car there. I even checked with her old boyfriend but nothing.

I don't know what to do, I can't tell my family that I almost suffocated her to death, I can't even ask her family of her whereabouts it will humiliate me and if I report her missing I will have to answer a lot of things I don't have the heart to.

I have a dilemma, I have hired someone to track her and he came empty handed.

My life is a mess, this girl will be my end that's a fact. Marrying her was the dumbest thing I have ever done.

I have a problem that I can't share with anyone without getting judgement even from my own family, this right here is the worst situation I've ever dealt with but I will remain quiet for now.

I wake up in the morning and stare outside my office window, praying that by some miracle I will see her swimming as she normally does in the morning but nothing. I have really made a mess and I don't know how to fix it.

Just as I decide that I'll stop stressing about Julls my phone rings and it's her dad. He has been calling the house to find her since yesterday and I told Wendy to say she's out. I am panicking, what do I say?

"hello" I say picking up the call and tying to repress my panicked state and even my heart beat.

"hello son, I have been trying to reach my daughter but her phone takes me straight to voice mail do you know where she is?" thank God he gets straight to the point. I freeze because I have no idea how to answer. She did leave her phone in her car.

"ehh.." I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I clear my throat and try again, "uhm... let me call the house and find out for you" I lie.

"okay, tell her to call me back. We have finally paid for the production of the TV series and I wanna give her the good news. Do not tell her I wanna do it myself and I haven't seen or talked to her much lately" he says and I sense desperacy in his voice.

Our arranged marriage has caused great strain on the father and daughter bond I noticed when Leo was the 1 who gave me her hand to me. I also have not been foolish enough to miss the tension between them on the wedding during the dance again. So maybe I can use this to my advantage until I have a solution.

"ohh that's wonderful news Andrew. I'm sure she'll be very happy, I will tell her to call you" I say

"tell her it is important" he says takes a long breath "okay let's talk later" he says and drops the call and I release the breath I've been holding.

Just soon after the call my office door opens and Brian badges in, I don't think I can deal with him right now.

"Anton where is your wife?" he asks giving me this strange look

"I don't know" I say and pour myself more whiskey. Why is he asking me about Julls?

"what did you do?" he accuses me. He already knows something there's no point hiding.

"we had a fight and she packed and left" I say pouring him a glass as well

"Anton, Wendy says you can't find her. Why have you not told her family, or yours or THE POLICE?" he screams, of course it was Wendy. Brian is still standing and glaring at me, shouting and not accepting the whiskey I offered.

"well my friend, how do you think the conversation will go like when I mention that I strangled her almost to death huh?" I ask him and have a drink

"you did what?" he says constricting his voice, brows farrowed. I ignore him and enjoy my whiskey.

"did you just say you strangled her?" he asks not believing his ears but I assure him with my eyes

"Antonio what got into you?, I know you don't love her but putting your actual hands on her?, We're you even thinking at all?" he bombers me with questions

"It was a heated argument, I lost control" I say ashamed.

"you strangled her inches to death" he informs me

"are you going to keep busting my balls or give me advices here?" I ask already annoyed, really doesn't he think I feel bad enough.

He finally releases breath and takes a seat and drinks the whiskey I poured him a decade ago.

"what did she do man?" he asks calmly

"well, she decided to badge in on me and Stacy-" I don't get to finish

"oooohh..." Brian says amused. Brian is easily distracted

"she kicked Stacy out-" he interrupts me again as I try to finish the story.

"like the woman of the house, I didn't think she had it in her damn" he's really proud of her it's all over his stupid smile. I am cursed.

"I'm glad this is all amusing to you" I say annoyed.

"well you're fucked" he states the obvious. We sit in silence for few minutes and he comes back.

"Anton you gonna need to inform the family" he tells me calmly

"I know" I say and have a drink

"I don't know where to start" I admit.

"maybe you can just say you had an argument for now but you need to inform them ASAP" I think he's right.

"I just lied to her father and pretended as though she's around" I say. alcohol is not helping reduce my stress level. Getting married was not a brilliant plan, I keep mentally kicking myself for it. Why did I agree?

"Antonio fix it now before this blows up in your face" he tells me seriously, I guess he's back to being my friend and this can seriously blow up in my face looking at all the documentaries about husbands killing their wives I'm screwed.

"I can't believe you actually strangled her" he says more to himself but I head it and it sours my mood further but I don't dare say anything to him though, I don't even look at him.

I wonder where Julls is, even her manager keeps calling her and I had my investigation check with all her girlfriends and colleagues even though they are not close at all and she's not with them. I wonder what is her plan as well, I mean what is she hoping for with this stunt?, if it's to drive me insane she's succeeding because I'm talking to myself already.