Chapter 12

Julls POV

"you've made me late for my meeting arg.." Antonio says getting his bag

My mother, that's who got me fired, why didn't I think of her sooner?

"that bitch" I growl and grab back my keys and stomp out with Antonio hot on my tail

"where are you going?" he asks confused and I ignore him

"Julls you need to calm down" he tells me. like hell I do, that woman needs to experience my full wrath.

"Jeff go with Julie, I will drive myself" he tells his driver. What surprises me is the use of my full name and I turn to look at him and find him closer then I expected that I almost bump to him.

"he will drive" he says and goes for my keys but I duck.

"I can drive myself" I whisper feeling affected by his closeness to me.

"I can't deal with this right now I'm late for my meeting already, Jeff go with her" he says and leaves to his car.

"mam let me drive" Jeff pleads with me.

"no, you can stay here" I tell him but he goes and gets in my car and sits in the driver's sit quickly

"I'm sorry I can't do that mam, I will drive you where ever you want to go" he tells me looking at me from out the window. I give up and get in the passenger sit of the car and hand him the keys.

"to my family house" I tell him and he nods and drives off.

During the car ride we are just in comfortable silence even though he drove like a grandma I made no comment. After 5 years we get home, i get off the by the main door and Jeff continues to park the car.

I scream for my mother as soon as I step in the house. The house manager, Matt comes running "she's in the gazebo" he says quickly, the man likes order and shouting is out of order.

I make my way to the garden and find her there indeed. She's reading magazines and having tea as though she didn't just get me fired, I really wonder if she's my real mother on occasions but then again I look nothing at all like my dad but resemble this witch so much it hurts.

"you wicked witch" I scream before even reaching her.

"watch your tone little girl, I'm not your friend" she says camly whilst pretending to be paying attention to her magazine.

"how could you?" I scream at her still.

"what are you on about, how could I what?" she asks me lazily paging her magazine.

"you got me fired" I say with venom. Is she really going to pretend like she doesn't know what I'm talking about? And the fact she's pretending to be focused on that magazine is annoying me more even though I'm aware she pretending.

She closes her magazine and looks at me. "you hit me, did you think I will let you get away with it?" she asks me seething.

I take her cup of tea and pour the hot tea on her, "ahhhh" she screams getting up to her feet from the hot shock.

"what are you gonna do now" I dare her.

She jumps on me and I fall on my back with her on top of me and she strangles me.

I squirm trying to get her off of me as I struggle for air, just when I was about to pass out she's quickly removed from me and thrown on the couch like a bag of potatoes. As I had said I take after her, she also has my slim built very easy to carry. I turn to look at my savior to be faced with a fuming dad, my dad is 6.5' tall while my mom and I are only 5.5' tall with my dad also being more muscle while we are slim.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" he shouts ragging, looking between me and mother, I continue to take large breaths and coughing. I almost died. Dad gets impatient "ANSWER ME" he shouts and mother keeps busy wiping off the tea on her with a cloth.

"don't look at me, she poured tea on me" my mother says and my father turns to me wide eyed.

I just get emotional "she got me fired..." I say in a low voice already sobbing, trust me I can be a baby when my dad is there.

"what?" he asks in disbelief. And I continue to sob so he turns to his wife for an explanation.

"I was teaching her a lesson"  mother says like it's no big deal

My dad crouched down and cohesed me rubbing the tears off my face.

"baby don't worry I will fix this, go in the house and call your brother Leo to come home as soon as he can" he assures me and helps me up.

"hhm" my mother huffs but dad turns to her so quick and says "not a word from you Veronica"

I leave them alone and make my way to the house and find the noisy staff outside but they quickly run to the house as they spot me except for Matt

"are you alright Julls" he asks concerned and I just nod and pass by him to the house

"pinky bring a glass of water and some ice and take some ice to the garden as well" he calls one of the ladies

I go by the house line and dial my brother and he picks almost immediately

"I'm in a meeting" he greets

"you're needed at home as soon as you can make it" I say not wanting to delay him

"okay" he drops the call.

"Julls have some water and let's place ice on your neck" Matt says he handing me a glass of water

"no thanks Matt, I'm leaving" I tell him

"at least put the ice on your neck to prevent bruising" he says handing me a bag of frozen peas

"I don't mind the bruising Matt" I say already making my way outside.

My heart feels heavy it hurts me deeply that my own mother can be this cruel towards me, I should be used to it now because she's always been this way with me but it still hurts.

A Mother is suppose to be your number one fan, your source of comfort, your confidant and protector, someone you can always rely on to have your back but that's not mine.

It hurts.