Chapter 108: Plotting Against The Alliance

Start from the beginning

Katashi was sure 'peace' wouldn't last long, and one nation would be rising above others. It better be him than that fool of a Daimyo of Hi no Kuni or Kaminari no Kuni.

He assigned rogue shinobi to sabotage various negotiations.

Of course none of them worked. Fortunately, they committed suicide under captivity before they could reveal his name.

After another frustrating meet of the Five Daimyo, Katashi huffed as he refrained himself from stomping. He heard a familiar silky voice that grated at his nerves. "Kaze no Daimyo-dono!"

He turned to see Aki Kokatsu, the Daimyo of Mizu no Kuni, that housed Kirigakure no Sato. He was a slim man with a thin, long beard and slightly twirled moustache, a white haired male, older than him by few years.

"Mizu no Daimyo-dono." Katashi's words were a mix of sneer and forced respect.

"Isn't the weather beautiful? Pity the cold will seep in within a few weeks." Kurosuke said with a serene smile.

Katashi raised an eyebrow. "And what of it?"

"People enjoy the autumn." Kurosuke gave a small sigh. "But when winter sets in, the trouble for food and shelter arises. That is when true natures are shown in the face of crisis."

"You'd do good to stop speaking in riddles, Aki-dono, before I leave for my abode." Katashi gritted out.

"Ah pardon me. I just observed that you seem to have no love towards the alliance of the five nations." Kurosuke stated as if he were a mere observer.

"My feelings are of my own concern." Katashi snapped.

Kurosuke hummed, "I see. Well, I just thought that instead of waiting for the inevitable end of this farce of an alliance, those against it could join and put an end to it earlier."

Katashi narrowed his eyes, perfectly understanding what his companion wanted to say. "And what is in it for you?"

Kurosuke would've shrugged if he were not a noble Daimyo. "Well, I wanted to get rid of the foreign influence from Mizu and would like to gain favour of my Kage in a non-suspicious way."

A deal was made.

...

Naruto was giving the man before her an expression that most sincerely stated, 'you are boring and my time is too precious for you'.

Of course the victim of the said expression was not completely innocent to have her feel guilty.

In her attire that comprised of orange hair, Naruto stood before the umpteenth client who hired Shimizu Osamu.

Many people haven't forgotten the Orange Spark and hired 'him' to do the dirty work or either helping guard the members of a negotiation, or sabotage such a party. The 'man' was famed enough for assassinations to be hired consecutively by officials of Mizu and Kaze no Kuni, working under their respective Daimyos who were plotting together to break the Alliance.

After listening to the task given by Katashi's minion the previous day, Osamu currently stood before Kokatsu's representative, who kept on talking in circles since their greeting.

The man sweated at the unimpressed expression and swallowed his nerves before telling Osamu the details of Kokatsu's mission without stammering successfully.

Naruto smirked. Now that major parties are involved, the backfiring of their plans would certainly give most of the rebels a message to back off from any further attempts to disrupt the meetings that would strengthen the alliance and get used to the peace.