Act I • Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

Act average, as if she was just another side character in this world.

With a now slightly organized thought, Naomi let sleep washed over her.

- - ┈┈┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈┈┈ - -

The two years old Uzumaki-Namikaze twins were placed on the floor, it was children's playing time and the orphan kids were allowed to do whatever they want.

Naomi sat in front of her brother, pretending to play along with him as he fumbled with ninja weapons (it was only a bunch of fake kunais, shurikens and scrolls).

The other kids, as expected, avoided the twins. Naomi did not care a single bit, it worked in her favor after all. However, Naruto was the one who was being affected by their behavior around them.

They glared and mocked them, Naomi really wanted to impale them then and there. It doesn't matter if they were kids, but she knew she could not do it —Yet.

As Naomi was very familiar with the concept of survival, she could adapt to certain situations very easily. Killing and manipulation is the norm in this world and there were not that many laws in here unlike in her original world.

Just like in the anime, Naruto was the Jinchuuriki of the kyubi but this time, so was Naomi. The kyubi (chakra) was divided into two, the yin and yang. The yin kyubi was sealed inside Naomi whilst the yang is in Naruto.

Naomi also found out that she didn't have chakra of her own, just like Rock lee. Having been a person with no chakra in her past life, she was very sensitive to it. She could feel the chakra of everything and everyone approximately within a mile radius.

It was an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time.

Without having a chakra, she could easily do infiltration since they couldn't sense any chakra on her, she would only need to be mindful of the noises she would produced. But without a chakra, it would be almost impossible for her to defeat future enemies by only Taijutsu and Kenjutsu. [Taijutsu= Body technique ; Kenjutsu= Weaponry]

In order to outwit them, Naomi would have to train starting from the day she'd be able to run. A training that would be hundred times tougher than Lee's and Guy's youthful training.

She would also need all the knowledge and information she can get since it might be of help in the future.

She had long given up on her ideal life and accepted that this was in fact a reality. Her heart should be made of steel if she wanted to survive in this world.

"..Ami," Naruto wasn't able to pronounce her name properly yet so she let him call her Ami for short.

Naomi regained her composure as her twin brother snapped her back to corporeality. Naruto clumsily moved to her side and side-hugged her, Naomi tensed at the contact but stayed, she did not know why but he always clanged onto her.

She wasn't used to someone being so affectionate with her considering her life from before she came here. Never did once someone tried to hug her, even holding hands was out of the context.

It's not like she hated Naruto, she knew his life story along with some other characters in this world. However somewhere in her heart, she was unable to decide whether she liked or disliked him. He was in between, but for the least, Naomi could tolerate his presence.

Playtime was almost over and Naomi could tell that Naruto was ready for his afternoon nap so she detached herself from the hug and patted her lap. Naruto instantly knew what that meant and so he laid his head on her lap, facing her stomach as he hug her waist.