Monday squeezed her eyes shut. It wasn't the time or the place to daydream about having sex with Kenneth.

"Come on Monday, snap out of it," she murmured.

Dagmar shook her head. Monday could fight temptation all she wanted and refute her feelings as much as she wanted. Anyone could guess she was crazy about the man. Like a teen who complained to her best friends about her crush, she didn't want to come off silly by taking him back.

Thus, she made much ado about nothing, and she knew it. Monday decided to redirect her energy by answering questions about her book and her choice to touch a new audience. Not all discussions were friendly. There was clearly a fringe of readers and writers who snubbed her.

The thriller writer from Wish, there was no escaping the haters. Even Dagmar got attacked by readers who wondered why she even participated in Monday's projects. In their opinion, she should have minded her own business and advanced in her projects.

Monday wondered how a handful of people could make so much noise. Despite this, the day went well. She didn't cross Kenneth again; she guessed he was busy when the man held himself back from being overbearing.

Monday almost regretted the day's end, as she knew what it meant and dreaded the moment. Yes, it was that bookworm-mingling business hour where beers, cheers, and glasses would toast to an excellent first day.

There was no escaping; Colin had started the threats long before the fair. He knew full well the habits of some writers to flee what was still an obligation considering the money invested. The after-fair drinks session was a staple, and Colin ensured no one escaped the convoy.

"Ah, I can already feel that beer tinkling down my throat," Dagmar said as she waited for her drink.

"I don't know how you can like it. I'm good with a Pina colada," Monday said.

"What's wrong? You look pale."

Monday's light seemed to dim every instant.

"Monday?"

"I'm good; it's just-."

A thunder of whistles overshadowed Monday's voice announcing the arrival of the thing that had eaten her up since they entered the bar.

Dagmar nodded as her mind connected the dots. Kenneth's arrival made Monday break a sweat. The woman prayed Kenneth's fans would keep him occupied enough without thinking someone could want to spend their time chatting with her.

"So, how is it going?" Colin asked as he took the seat next to Monday.

"We're good," Dagmar replied.

"Here's your drinks, ladies," the barman said.

Monday grabbed her Colada and took a huge sip.

"Are you okay, Monday?" Colin asked, imagining her book's reception stressed her.

"Yes, don't mind me."

"I do mind. I have to make sure everyone is having a good time," Colin replied.

There was no doubt Colin liked Monday, and the writer wasn't feigning ignorance. Monday didn't notice how the man looked at her or how attentive he was when she spoke. Queen of love triangles and pentagons, in life Monday kept love on one line just like Kenneth, who raised a brow at the third party Colin represented from where he stood.

"So, Mr. Mosely, how do you like your booth? Did we reply to all your whims?" Mr. Bergers, the fair's president, asked.

"Eh, hmm, yes, I'm. eh-."