Chapter 5 : She reminded me of the wind. (TW)

***** TW: Violence

Several weeks passed after that incident... Several weeks full of missed calls from her... I somehow managed to walk myself back home that night. I gathered up all of my remaining strength and walked home. Koji was there... He stood up as I unlocked the door, a worried facade painted all over his face.

"Michiru!" he cried and ran towards me. "Michiru, what happened?!"

I looked at him, disgusted. My dad hurried next to me.

"Michiru, my child, talk to me!"

I fainted.

I slept for 2 days, my mom said, and stayed in my room for two weeks. I didn't want to face them. Any of them... Koji made a few attempts to see me, the worried facade vanishing every time we were alone. I buried myself under the bedsheets and stayed there, crying, for two whole weeks... until...

"Is this Michiru's house? Aoyagi Michiru?"

"Yes, and you are?"

"I am sorry for intruding like this... I am a friend, I haven't seen Michiru in two weeks, and I'm worried. Is she okay?"

"Didn't you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"She had an accident. Two weeks ago, she returned home, bruised and wounded. She has been locked up in her room ever since, not allowing anyone to see her."

There was a short pause, my eyes fixed on the door.

"Shiroi," I muttered. I tried to get up but fell off the bed with a loud noise.

"Michiru !" My mom cried and ran into the bedroom. Amidst my confused mind, it felt like I saw an angel running behind her. How gorgeous the angel was. Dressed in white, her white hair flew back as she ran towards me. She kneeled next to me and helped me up.

"Shiroi," I murmured and held onto her, "Shiroi..."

"Michiru, are you okay?" She whispered, her eyes filling with tears.

"Shiroi..."

She lifted me up with ease and securely carried me back on the bed.

"It hurts...it hurts everywhere..."

"Michiru, what happened?" her voice broke. She held my hand tenderly.

Before I could get a word in, Koji walked in holding a bouquet. I gasped, and she quickly looked behind her. He was holding onto a bouquet of red roses. Looking at Shiroi with a twisted smile.