2. Unknown Plan

Depuis le début

Neil pulled his hair in frustration.

Niya's POV

"Can you believe, guys? We made profit of eighteen thousand today!!" I was dancing in happiness.

Till today, we never got profit more, then ten thousand but today. I can't believe it.

"Yehhhh!" Kevin and Livi hugged me.

I gave twelve thousand to Kevin and Livi and kept six thousand for me.

"Niya, can I ask you something?" Kevin asked.

"Of course, Kevin. You don't have to ask for my permission, idiot," I said, lightly slapping his arm.

"Why are you doing this work? I mean, your brother is running a company and you- I mean to say, you don't even have to do the work. And even, if you want to do a job, then your brother can give you the best job in his company"

Livi was also looking at me curiously.

I took a deep breath. "Kevin, no job is smaller or bigger. And you are correct, my brother is running a company, but I don't want to depend on him. I love to this work, especially when you idiots are with me," I told them. They just smiled.

"But Niya, this job doesn't even make a profit," Livi said.

"Livi, I am not doing this for money. I am doing this because I love to do this work. And I am happy in whatever I get through this," I said.

"You know Niya, we love to work here because of you" they hugged me.

"I know, I know. After all I am a Queen here" I joked by lifting my imaginary collar.

"A queen without this King is nothing," Kevin said, dusting an  imaginary dust from his shoulder.

"If you both are King and Queen, then who am I?" Livi whined making a sad pout. 

"You are our servant," Kevin said, spraying water on her face and laughed.

"Kevin!!" She started running to catch him.

They know how to bring enjoyment in other's life.

"Guys, stop it!" I stopped them. "It's already 6:30 now. Don't you want to go home?"

They took their belongings. "Okay, bye" they both waved at me.

I took my bag and closed the shop.

▪▪▪▪

I entered the house. Zara was watching her favourite drama on the TV. I smiled and sat beside her.

She gave me a one glance and acted as if she didn't see me.

"Hi, Zara, how's your day?" I tried to make a conversation.

"All good until I saw your ugly face" she taunted and got up by throwing the remote on the couch.

I don't know when she will talk to me nicely for once. It hurts to see her hatred for me.

When she was small, she used to run behind me calling me "Ni" and now she doesn't even want to see my face.

Each time the words she spits on me pierce my heart.

I got up and was about to go to my room when Jas came. "Niya, when you came?"

"Just now,"  I answered.

"Why there are tears in your eyes?" She asked, looking at me suspiciously. "Did Zara say something to you?"

"No-no, Jas, she didn't say anything to me. It's just something fell in my eyes" I softly rubbed my eyes.

She shook her head, not believing my words.

"Jas, you know, today we made a profit of eighteen thousand" I tried to change the topic by sharing my happiness with her.

"I am happy for you" she hugged me.

"Thanks, Jas"

"Okay, go and freshen up," she said and went to the kitchen.

I went to my room to freshen up.

I looked at the people who were looking at me with a smile. I took that photo "do you know, today we made the profit of eighteen thousand! Can you believe it?"

I smiled sadly, thinking I will not get any response from them.

I kept that photo back on the table and went to freshen up. I wore my pajamas and went downstairs.

Jas was watching TV. When she looked at me, she smiled. "Come, Niya,"

I went and sat beside her.

"So, how's your work going?" She asked.

"Good, Jas. Though customers are less, but it's going quite well."

She nodded, smiling at me.

I was telling her about my day when Neil came back from work, all tired.

I went to the kitchen to bring a glass of water for him.

"Bro, here" I gave him the water.

"Thanks, Niya" he thanked me giving a smile.

"Neil, are you okay?" Jas asked him. He was massaging his temple.

"Yes, Jas, I am fine. Just a light headache"

"Okay, first go and freshen up, then I will give a massage to your head," Jas told him.

Neil left from there.

"I am going to make coffee for him" I said.

She nodded and followed Neil.

I went to the kitchen and made one cup of coffee for him.

I took that coffee cup and was going to give it to Neil when Zara came and snatched that cup from me.

"What are you doing, Zara? It is hot!" I was horrified with her action. What if she burnt her hand.

"I will take this to bro!" she snapped at me by showing me the attitude as if  she made that coffee.

I nodded, sighing.

God knows why this girl hates me so much.

I shook my head to push away my thoughts.

After she left I looked into the dishes to check whether all is done or not, but it was already done, only salad was left to make.

After making a salad, I thought to go and check on Neil.
He was looking very tired.

I just hope he is fine.

When I was about to enter their room  I heard him saying "Jas, because of him. We lost two deals today. I don't know why he is doing this and what he is getting by doing by all this. I am really fed up with him," he was saying in a tired tone. "You know, Jas, after the death of mom, I worked very hard to bring my company to this height. It was very difficult for me to look after my company and my sisters at the same time, but still I managed everything. I gave my best and fulfilled my mom's wish by bringing my company to this height, but now it's going down. Our company which was at second position is now slowly going into third position and this all because of him. Clients are refusing to  make deals with us" his voice was filled with sadness.

Who is he? And why is he doing this to my brother?

I can't see my brother in pain.

Hey guys,

How's the chapter?

If you liked the chapter then please do vote and comment.

I have also updated 'His Perfect Love' today.

May god bless you

Vel💕