Chapter 2

Trisha's P.O.V.
Its still hard to believe that Zayn has achieved so much in the age of 20. I'm so, so proud of him. But then the feeling of guilt eats me everyday. I did a very embarrassing thing in the past. Nobody knows about this. It was just me.

Whenever I see Zayn, he reminds me of my second daughter, Hazel. There was a reason why I kept her that name, because she had the same brown hazel eyes like Zayn. She was fair and had black hair. My husband Javaad was in the army. He wasn't home for almost 2 years. I didn't even get to tell him about our daughter because he left me and that time I was completely helpless. Zayn fell sick atleast twice in a month. He had breathing problems and when Javaad left me, I could afford only one child. Zayn was 3 years old then so I left my daughter Hazel in the orphanage with a red sweater as my memory.

I hope she still has it because few years ago when I asked about her in the orphanage, they told me that a rich couple adopted her when she was 15. I was so happy for her, I mean I am still. Finally she got a family who would care for her and give her everything she wants.

My eyes started brimming with tears and I had to wipe them away. My husband never came back. He didn't even ask how's Zayn, forget about me. I know the struggles I did to raise Zayn.

Zayn hardly remembers Hazel. He was too young that time. He has even forgotten her now but I can't remember to forget her. She's my daughter. How can a mother forget her own daughter?

I just hope she got all the love she deserves. It was my fault that I left her. Why didn't I take her back before? Now I miss her so much.

"Mom what are you staring at? Oh my god, you were crying?" Zayn snapped me out of my thoughts.

Yeah he's one caring son. He's become so rich and famous but he's never gotten that fame in his head. He's still the same sweet and loving boy. A man I should say!

"Oh that's nothing dear." I smiled.

"Are you sure?" He placed his hand on mine.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Mind joining me for a coffee?"

"Oh! Seems like Sanjana is busy huh?" I raised my eyebrows. A blush crept on his face following a wide smile. She always makes him happy. He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah she's travelled to Bristol to meet her cousins. I feel so lonely."

"Come on. We'll go." I said and changed into some good clothes. He drove us to Starbucks. I ordered a Frappuccino while Zayn ordered an iced coffee for himself.

"Actually mom, I proposed Sanjana to be my girlfriend. And... She said yes." He grinned.

"When did that happen? Oh god! And now I feel like I don't belong to this world." I gasped and he laughed.

"Yesterday, before she flew to Bristol with her mom." He frowned.

"Aww! And when is she coming back?"

"Tomorrow morning. And I'll be off to Los Angeles two days after that. Isn't that incredible?" He said with sarcasm while I chuckled.

"Its ok. Must have been some family commitments."

"Yeah!" He nodded.

"But she should've told this to me before. I would've asked her when we had free time. I proposed her and the next moment she was like Zayn I'm flying to Bristol tomorrow." He rolled his eyes.

He's being so sassy, I swear. I've never seen Zayn like this.

"Stop Zayn, you're acting like a girl." I laughed but my face went blank when I saw those pair of same hazel brown eyes. She wore the same red sweater I left for Hazel, years ago. Her black hair fell over her shoulders.