Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"No," He answered. "Eda, I have to go. This could be my only chance." Eda sighed.

"Okay, but we are going to be needing disguises if we're going," she said.

"We?" King asked, confused. Eda smiled.

"You really think that I'm going to let you go on your own? I don't think so," she told him.

"I promised that I would help you, King," Luz said. "I'm coming too."

"Well, if Luz is going then I'm going," Amity said.

"I am too," Azara said.

"Shouldn't you rest?" Hunter asked, worried.

"Aw, you worried about little ol' me, Hunter?" Azara teased, batting her eyelashes. "Why? You care about me or something?"

"N-No!" Hunter blushed. "I just don't want to see you hurt than you already are!" He stood up so suddenly, surprising Azara, then looked at King. "I'm coming too!" Lil' rascal chirped in agreement on top of Hunter's head.

"Guys, thanks," King cried. "You really don't know how much this means to me!"

The next day in the afternoon, everyone put on cloaks, wearing the hood over their heads. They walked into the town square of Bonesborough seeing that some of the festivities have already started. The streets were very crowded, which was good, less easily to be spotted. There were banners of each different types of covens strewn on the balcony of buildings. Balloons with the coven colors floating around everywhere, stands with games and foods. Azara and Luz watched in awe and amazement taking in everything.

"Azara, let's go play some of the games!" John shouted, tugging on her arm. Hunter watched silently at the festival around him, curious and excited.

"I never thought that the coven day parade would be like this," he commented. Azara turned to him, confused.

"Wait, you've never been to one before?" she asked. Hunter frowned.

"No, Unc-Belos always said that the parade was too dangerous, that I would get lost in the crowds. He also said that it's something that we shouldn't get involved in. We had everything that we needed at the castle." Azara stared at him with a surprised look. All of his life, Hunter had never been to a single festival or parade? He never had a chance to be a kid...How can anyone live like that? Azara reached out and took Hunter's hand.

"How about we play some games, while we look for King's father?" she asked. Hunter gave her a surprised look before looking away unsure.

"I don't know," he shifted, rubbing his arm, hesitantly. "what if-"

"You can't have fun based on "what ifs," Azara replied. "Come on, go!" Azara pulled Hunter's arm, dragging him away. Her brother ran after them, following behind.

"Yeah!" John shouted, excitedly.

"W-Wait!" Hunter protested.

"Let's not get too side tracked," Eda called out. "There are wanted posters of us everywhere." Nearly on every building and stands and bulletin post, there were wanted posters of Eda, Luz, Amity, Azara and Hunter.

"We'll try to be careful," Luz told her. "We'll try not to get caught."

"I find that hard to believe," Eda said. "I'll stay with King and we'll try and look for his father," she told Luz. "I'll signal you guys if we see something."

"That's great, now Luz and I are going to go look around," Amity told Eda. She hooked Luz's arm around hers, making Luz blush. Amity and her walked away, heading towards the festivities.