Day Five

George POV

Soft black lashes fluttered against freckled skin bathed silver in the moonlight. Dream's face seemed to mirror the sky, his own constellation of stars speckled his cheeks. His normally dirty blond hair was tipped with glowing silver, falling slightly into his closed eyes. 

The air held a crisp bite to it, whisking around them in a chilling breeze. George leaned into Dream's warmth, relaxing into the body heat that chased away the cold of the night. Those long lashes dipped slightly lower, Dream's body shifting, and George panicked internally. 

His mind raced through a dozen excuses for the way their bodies were currently pressed together, not to mention his creepy staring. He did the only thing he could think of in that moment, closing his eyes and laying completely limp.

A soft yawn tickled his ear, and dirty blond's muscles moved slightly beneath his cheek. Dream's head turned, and he froze. His chest hitched, a tiny breath caught in startled lungs.

George forced himself to stay still, his head resting on the dirty blond's shoulder. He swore the soothing heartbeats echoing in that warm chest began to thud faster, but he couldn't tell if he was imagining it. 

Gentle fingers suddenly brushed his forehead, delicately moving chocolate brown hair out of George's eyes. The sweep of those fingers was so sweet, so careful not to disturb him, leaving trails of melted honey in their wake.

George's face heated, and he was beginning to wonder if he should "wake up" when a pair of warm lips pressed against the smooth skin of his forehead.

Oh my God—

Fireworks went off behind George's eyes, and flames of heat licked his skin in crimson. His own heart pounded in his ears, breath constricted in his throat. Dream... Dream was—

Those tender lips lingered on porcelain skin for a long moment before Dream's nose buried in dark hair. A soft breath was sighed, tickling George's lashes. The warmth moved away, cold air nipping his forehead once more. A strong hand slipped under George's neck, lifting his head very carefully. 

George battled between relief and disappointment as the comfortable shoulder he'd been resting on disappeared and he found himself lowered onto the fluffy blanket. Dream's hand slid out from under the brunette, brushing George's cheek fondly. 

The dirty blond's warmth faded away from beside George, and the blanket shifted slightly. He could hear rustling, and he vaguely realized Dream was packing up. Amidst the quiet crinkle of water bottles, he heard another faint click. A moment later he felt a palm lightly shake his shoulder. 

"Georgie." Dream murmured. "Wake up, pretty."

George had a feeling the dirty blond didn't mean for him to hear the last part, and his bit his tongue, slowly opening his eyes. The ache in his chest returned when he eyes met beautiful emerald. 

"Good morning," Dream teased. "We both fell asleep, are you ready to go home?"

"Yeah..." George looked away, dragging his elbows over smooth fabric as he sat up. "What time is it?"

Dream reached into his pocket, his hand reappearing with that worn green-cased phone. His face was touched in pale white light from the screen. "It's two o' nine." 

2:09am?! Just how long have they been out here...?

"That's late." George dragged himself up, his back aching from lack of a mattress. Blanket or no blanket, laying on rocky ground for hours wasn't the best idea. Even so, the pain was worth it.

"You can sleep more in the car." Dream promised. "Tomorrow will be a long day, so you need the rest." 

"What's tomorrow?" George murmured, helping the dirty blond fold the blue blanket. He could guess Dream's next words, not sure why he bothered asking.