𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 ▸𝒃𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒚𝒏𝒂𝒕, 𝒔𝒂𝒎 & 𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂

"So, what are we going to watch today?" Yelena asked eagerly as she scoured the Internet for the ideal movie for tonight. It was such a tradition for them to have a movie night every Friday that they could finally enjoy like normal people.

"How about some comedy? I guess I don't have the energy for anything demanding," Sam suggested, putting a handful of popcorn in his mouth. Yelena reached out and slapped his hand. “Hey! What that was for?"

"If you don't stop eating like that, there won't be anything left!" she scowled at him, and then proceeded to mutter, "Comedy . . . preferably romantic, eh? Ew."

Sam looked amused. "What's wrong with a romantic comedy?"

"As I said -- ew," she replied maturely.

"Must you always be so cynical? Can't you even bring out the romantic soul at Christmas?"

Yelena wore an expression of such disgust that he laughed out loud at it. “A romantic soul? I don't have one of those. Those two words, combined with me, don't go together." Then, looking somewhat annoyed toward the kitchen, she called to Bucky and Natasha, "What about the two lovebirds back there? You want a romantic comedy, too?"

Bucky came in with four glasses, and Natasha brought two bottles of wine, which she put on the table. "Honestly, I don't care," the redhead replied to her sister, and even James shrugged.

Yelena cheered like a small child and rubbed her hands in satisfaction. “Nice! So because you don't care and I don't want a romantic comedy, it means we're going to put on some amazing horror! It's three against one, Sammy," she stuck out her tongue at him, eager to find the best horror movies.

The Falcon swallowed, trying to look neutral. "Seriously... horror? Can't we just watch something Christmas?'

The blonde grinned and gave him a defiant look. "What? Are you afraid?"

He folded his arms across his chest in disapproval. "Of course not, it's just... it doesn't seem like the right time for a horror movie."

"Dear Sam," Yelena trilled, putting her laptop on the table when Natasha and Bucky finally sat down with them, "it's always the perfect time for horror movies. And this one is supposed to be super scary! Let's see if the reviews are lying."

•••

"That was boring," Yelena said, yawning as the film ended.

Bucky and Sam looked at her incredulously. “Boring? Are you kidding?" Sam asked her, shaking his head.

Yelena grinned at him. "I can see how it wasn't boring for you when you were screeching like a little girl every five minutes and getting on Barnes's lap..."

"Hey, some of the scenes were really scary!"

The blonde woman turned to Natasha, who was trying not to smile too much. “You see that? And these are supposed to be the best superheroes in the world. How can you handle dangerous missions if you're afraid of a horror movie? Oh, wait," she paused then, pretending to think, "of course. Gentlemen, I apologize. I forgot your missions are just helping old grannies cross the street."

Natasha couldn't take it anymore and laugh out loud. Both Bucky and Sam frowned at Yelena, but she looked satisfied. "That wasn't nice," Barnes replied, letting Natasha hug him.

"Yeah," Sam agreed, folding his arms across his chest. “This isn´t what we are doing. And even the street is sometimes dangerous!'

“If you want to keep arguing, go ahead, but I'm going to bed,” Natasha said, putting her empty glass on the table before rising.

"Oh, my God, Natasha," Yelena blurted out, her eyes widening, "how can you sleep after this super scary horror movie? Aren't you afraid that the demon will hide under your bed and drag you into a blazing inferno at night?' Then she chuckled, and Natasha, though she could barely contain her laughter, motioned to Yelena to stop. "That was a good Samuel impression, wasn't it?" she suggested, and Sam looked offended.

"I'm going to bed, too," Bucky agreed, and Sam threw up his hands, giving him a look.

'Into my bed, eh?' Natasha prodded, wrapping her arms around his waist. “Don´t worry, I´ll protect you before some demons.“

"Aww," Sam drawled, turning to look at the empty space beside him, "are you going to protect me, too, honey? Oh, wait," he laced his fingers together and burned Natasha and Bucky through eyes, "I don't have anyone."

Yelena laughed. "Just don't look at me, I'm not going to sleep with you."

"That's nice of you, honey, but I don't need protecting," Bucky replied to his girlfriend.

Yelena cleared her throat, sounding like a "yeah, sure," then grinned at Barnes.

"We'd better get some sleep," Natasha decided, and they said good night, and she and Bucky headed for her bedroom.

"Well, are you going to be scared?" she teased as she changed into her pajamas and lay down in bed with him. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

"Of course not, when I´m with you," he replied happily, kissing her forehead.

Natasha chuckled. "Poor Sam. Hope he will survive the night.'

"I think he'd rather sleep with the light on," Bucky said, stroking her back as she crossed her legs over his torso. "But Yelena didn't have to tease him so much."

"She's like that. I'd be more surprised if she didn't tease him," Natasha remarked, looking at him curiously. “Were you really that scared?“

He buried his face in her collarbone. "A little," he muttered, and when she laughed, he hugged her even tighter. She ran her fingers through his hair and began to stroke it, closing her eyes. Both of them were already half asleep when suddenly a terrifying scream reached their ears. Natasha raised herself on one elbow, then rolled her eyes as she heard the stomp and her sister's loud laughter. Her bedroom door opened in another moment, and an angry Sam appeared with a blanket draped over his shoulders.

"That´s enough, I refuse to live with your evil sister under the same roof!" he declared, quite seriously.

"What happened?" Bucky asked.

"She hid under my bed! I went to bed hoping to sleep, and all of a sudden I heard these weird noises. So I wanted to go sleep in the living room and when I got up she grabbed my ankle!" he complained. Bucky and Natasha seemed too anxious not to burst out laughing. But then Sam said something that wiped the smiles from their faces. "I'm not going to sleep alone tonight, and certainly not near that devil woman! So move over, Bucky, because I'm staying here until morning."

"You've got to be kidding," Bucky said.

Sam gave him a look. "Do I look like I'm kidding? I'm dead serious."

Natasha raised her eyes to the ceiling. “Yelena, I´m going to kill you.“