𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 ▸𝒍𝒐𝒌𝒊/𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒚 & 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓/𝒋𝒂𝒏𝒆

"Darcy?" Jane peered out of the bathroom, her wet hair falling to her bare shoulders, one hand holding a towel.

"Huh?" said a dark-haired woman with glasses, but she did not look up from her tablet, on which she was reading eagerly.

Jane's eyes narrowed, watching her suspiciously. "I sincerely hope you're reading something important with such enthusiasm. Astrophysics, perhaps."

Darcy put on an innocent expression and finally looked up. "Well . . . sure?" she said, but she didn't sound the least bit convincing.

The brown-haired girl rolled her eyes at her and sighed a little. "I'm not going to comment. You see, the thing is . . . Thor's coming."

"Oh, I know, that's what you told me a few days ago," said Darcy. “Just tell me when to get out of here and when I can get back, and I'll sneak out so . . ."

"No, it's not that," said Jane quickly, running her free hand through her hair. “Thor´s not coming alone…“

"Instead of one third wheel, you want two?!"

"Oh, he . . . he asked me if he could bring Loki, too, and I didn't have the heart to turn him down. He's his brother after all, and..." Seeing Darcy raise her eyebrows at her and put on a slightly puzzled expression, she shook her head and blurted out, "Well, Loki's coming, too, and... I know I should have told you sooner, but I completely forgot, but Darc, please, please, please keep Loki busy, will you?"

Darcy almost choked on a chocolate chip cookie she was nibbling on while reading. “Are you serious? This guy's a freak, and I-- Jane, did Thor ever hit you over the head with a hammer? God," she rolled her eyes, then thought. "Wait a minute, you've met Loki, haven't you? Is he handsome?'

Jane looked shocked not only at the question but at how quickly Darcy had left her disgust and expressed interest. “Darcy! Really? You just yelled at me for making you have dinner with a freak and... You know what, I won't dwell on it."

"Is he handsome or not?" demanded Darcy.

Her best friend shook her head briefly. “I don't know! Maybe! In case you haven't figured it out, I'm dating Thor, and I certainly don't feel the need to look at other men. But you'll love it, Darc, you will. You have such a soft spot for misfits."

"Hey! None of my exes were misfits!" the woman with the glasses pleaded, frowning.

"Yeah? How about Ian?" said Jane, before closing the bathroom door behind her to prepare for the evening.

Darcy gasped for something to snap back, then paused and thought. "Yeah, you might be right," she agreed to herself, shrugging, before happily returning to her reading of some fanfiction.

•••

"Thor!" exclaimed Jane, jumping up at once from the table to greet him properly. Darcy, who was still tapping her fingers thoughtfully on the water glass, driving her best friend mad, looked up just as Loki, standing behind Thor, who was kissing Jane in greeting, rolled his eyes at them in disgust.

"Oh, he's all right," said Darcy, who had unwillingly given up her comfy sweatpants, sweatshirt, and cap for the evening and, after a long time, put on a dress, much like Jane's.

"Darcy!" bellowed Thor genially, and several people seated nearby turned to look at him. But he ignored them and went to the woman to shake her hand in greeting, then give her a quick hug. "So good to see you again, too bad Eric didn't join in, like in the old days!"

"Yeah, but you'd have to bring a good-looking girl along for Eric, too," Darcy said with a grin, sweeping the God of thunder with her eyes. "Wow, you look good," she said in surprise, having only ever seen Thor in his Asgard clothes or . . . half-naked. But the two brothers chose a suit for the evening, and Thor even pulled his hair back into a ponytail.
He grinned at her, then stepped aside, waving for Loki to come over. "Darcy, this is my brother, Loki," said Thor, "Loki, this is Darcy, Jane's best friend."