𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐧 ▸𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒂 & 𝒚𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒂

'Yelena won't join us?' asked Sam, peering into the kitchen and finding Wanda standing by the stove, cooking. The redhead looked back at him and shrugged.

"No idea. I haven't seen her since last night," she replied thoughtfully.

"Well, maybe you should go see her," Sam suggested, looking concerned. "I'd go to her myself, but she's more comfortable with you. And if there's something wrong . . ."

Wanda nodded and put the spoon on the saucer. "You are right. Will you stay here, please? Don't forget to stir it so it doesn't burn. I don't want to cook it again."

Sam winked at her on the way. "Well, we can order something from the restaurant."

The redhead sighed. "It's going to be Christmas..." But she believed Sam wouldn't screw it up, and with somewhat mixed emotions, she started toward Yelena's room.

It was only a few weeks ago that Yelena Belova showed up at the Avengers' base claiming to be Natasha's younger sister. No one wanted to believe her because Natasha had never mentioned a sister, but then Wanda confirmed that Yelena wasn't lying. The witch knew that in Wakanda, while battling Thanos's army, Natasha had thought of her sister. So Yelena could stay and meet everyone who knew her sister. Well, almost all of them...

When Wanda reached the door of her room, she raised her hand and knocked briefly. There was an invitation to come in, so she pushed the handle and opened the door. And she blinked in surprise when she found Yelena frantically running around the room, tossing her neediest belongings into her backpack.

"Yelena? Are you going somewhere?" Wanda asked, looking at the distracted blonde.

"Uh-huh," she said angrily, glancing at her briefly. That one look was enough for Wanda to figure out what Black Widow was up to. She gasped in shock when she discovered the reason she had been here.

"Yelena, you can't do this," Wanda said, slamming the door with one wave.

Belova shook her head and blinked. Then she frowned. "You got into my head?!" she snarled at her, her eyes flashing. She pulled a knife from its sheath and held it tightly in her hand. "You know I have no problem getting out of here by force, either?"

"And do you know I have no problem stopping you?" Wanda countered in a similar tone, raising her hand, pointing her fingers at the knife her magic had immediately snatched from Yelena's hand and flinging it to the other side of the room, where it plunged into the floor. Yelena hissed and lunged at Wanda, but she used magic to lift her into the air before Widow could attack her. "Yelena, stop it. Can't we talk like adults?"

"Then let me go!"

"I can't let you go, Yelena," Wanda said, shaking her head. "Please, let's talk -"

"Nothing to talk about!"

"You know I don't want to hurt you. And you don't want to hurt me. So don't make me do something I'll regret later," the redhead pleaded. "Yelena, please. Let's talk about it. Promise me you'll calm down and we'll talk normally."

Yelena sighed bitterly. "Fine," she growled, and Wanda carefully put her back on the ground. The blonde woman rolled her eyes and went to sit on the bed. "You're wasting your time with me, Wanda. I've made my decision."

"Did you decide, or did someone decide for you?" she said. "Revenge doesn't bring your sister back, Yelena, it just takes an innocent life and leaves a lot of sadness. Clint has a family. They need him."

She sneered. "Please don't praise the murderer to heaven in front of me."

"I don't intend to. I just want to help you, I want you to think twice. Is it really worth it?" she asked her quietly, then went to sit next to her. "I understand you more than you think. I've also taken the wrong path, and if the Avengers hadn't given me a helping hand, I would have stuck with it until now. Despite everything I've done, they haven't given up on me. Everyone deserves a second chance. Yelena, you know deep down that all this is pointless."

Yelena turned her head to look at her. "But because of him, my sister is dead."

Wanda shook her head slowly. "No, not because of him. This was her decision, Yelena. Of course, Clint would jump so he could save her life. But this is what she wanted. There was nothing he could do about it, you understand? He bears no responsibility. Clint is a good man. He was the one who brought Natasha to S.H.I.E.L.D. He was sent to kill her, and instead, he gave her a second chance," she told her quietly. "He helped me, too. He made me an Avenger. He was a friend to me, he took care of me. I've made a lot of mistakes in the past, too. I wanted revenge too. Tony Stark killed my parents. I understand how you feel. I understand the hatred, the desire to hurt him as much as he hurt you. But this isn't the solution, Yelena. Is that what you want? Do you want to throw away the chance to become a better person?"

"Stop playing the moralist."

"He was her best friend. Natasha wouldn't want this," Wanda said, and Yelena lowered her head. Of course, Natasha wouldn't want her to kill him, but Natasha's not here anymore. And she was so angry, she had this pain inside of her... "Let it all out, Yelena."

"I miss her so much," Yelena whispered, closing her eyes as she felt the tears sting inside her. "You can't imagine how much..."

"Believe me, I can," she sighed, remembering the beloved Vision.

Yelena looked at her with glassy eyes. "I don't know what to do, Wanda."

"Stay," Wanda said simply. "Don't chase after Clint. He's my family, he's an Avenger. We all care about him. If you want to hurt him, you'll have to get to him through us." But then she reached for her hand and squeezed it tightly. "Please, stay. You can start a new life here. You can become someone better. I'm sure Natasha would want it that way."

She sighed. "You really know what you're talking about, don't you?"

She smiled. "Years ago, I was exactly where you were. Then let me help you. Let me help you move on. You have to move on, Yelena. Past is past. Don't let your desire for revenge destroy you."

"Why are you helping me?" Yelena asked quietly.

"Because Natasha meant a lot to me, too. And because I know you're a good person."

"I've never met anyone like you. I've never had . . . a friend," Yelena told her.

Wanda smiled. "You have so much more to gain. You can get a family that has your back, that will be there for you no matter what." Then she rose and held out her hand. Her smile widened. "If you step out that door, you're an Avenger."