4.8

I gasp when I wake up. Billy comes over to me with a relieved expression, handing me a glass of water.

I take it and sip it. "Where the hell am I?"

"Back at the house," he says. I look around the room. More things come into focus in our bedroom. "What the fuck happened, Diana?"

I sit up quickly and push the covers away. He grabs my arm and tries to stop me. "Fuck!" I say. "Jesus, Billy, how long was I asleep for?"

"Only about half an hour after I got you back here, surprisingly," he says, walking around the bed to me as I stand up and almost fall over. He catches me. "You cannot walk with those wounds right now."

I shake my head. "We need to get to the hospital."

"Why?" he asks. "I cleaned all your wounds and patched and stitched them all up. Diana, tell me what's wrong."

I shake my head and look down to see that my shoes are still on. "Sid's little cousin. She killed a bunch of people with this kid Charlie. They were Ghostface. She tried to kill us. Is Sid okay? Please tell me the cousin is dead."

"I got you out before I checked," Billy says. "You were more important."

I lean my forehead against his. "I need to get a gun and the car. I promise I will explain every little detail when I get back." I start to limp out of the room. I need to see if Sidney is okay. "I love you."

"Hey, no," Billy says, rushing after me after I grab the keys. "You're not going anywhere."

"Good luck trying to stop me," I say, bending under his arm and wincing at the pain that shoots through my body.

He pushes himself in front of me. "Then I'm coming with."

"No, you're not."

"You're in no condition to go, Dia. I'm not letting you go by yourself."

"Everyone will know you're still alive."

He pauses, then puts out his hand. "Give me the goddam keys." I give him the keys. We both turn and walk toward the door. He grabs a zip up jacket and shrugs it on, zipping it as we get out to the car.

He gets in the driver's side after helping me into the passenger side. He starts the car and backs out into the street before driving and following my directions to take the backroads and go twenty over the speed limit.

"Spill," he says while we drive.

I take in a deep breath. "Okay, so the girl next door, Olivia died. You knew that because you heard about it and I told you. Sid fired her publicist-agent girl, then she was killed in the parking garage and supposedly thrown from the fucking thing onto the top of a news van. We went to this Cinema club at the high school. One of the kids that ran it was videoing it, and we walked out a few minutes later. There was this movie marathon of all the Stab movies. Gale went to it and got attacked, but Dewey said she's gonna be okay.

"When I was on the phone with you, Sid got a call from Ghostface, that's why I hung up. Jill wasn't in her room, so we were going to leave, but we got attacked. Cops guarding the house were killed, and so was Mrs. Roberts. Sid and I left to go to Kirby's house, one of Jill's friends. We got attacked there too.

"Come to find out, Jill and one of the Cinema club nerds Charlie were both Ghostface. They were obsessed with the whole original thing that happened, especially you and Stu. They killed everyone else. Jill killed Charlie, then stabbed Sid and me. Sid fell on the ground, and I don't know if she's okay. I tried to get a little bit away, but Jill started to kick me and everything. Started going in and out of being conscious, heard things break and screams and grunts. I woke up again, felt your arms around me. Then I fell back.