3.4

When I got back to my house, Dolly was sleeping on the couch, and Billy was gone. There was an omelet on a plate that was still warm on the kitchen counter.

There was a note from Billy telling me that he had left, but he made sure Dolly had food and water and that he wanted me to call him when I had free time.

I ate what he had made for me, then went to shower and clean out some of the small wounds that I had gotten. I changed clothes and put the other clothes in the washer, keeping my shoes and gun.

I knew that I wasn't going to be able to sleep anytime soon, but I still needed something so that I didn't feel like a zombie the whole day. I got in the car and drove to the nearest coffee chain to get some coffee through the drive thru with sunglasses on.

After that, I got to the police station and parked in the parking lot.

Now that I'm here in the parking lot, I grab out my phone and flip it open, dialing in Billy's number. When the line picks up and he says hello, I take a sip of coffee.

"I didn't realize how long I was gone," I say to him.

"It's okay," he says. "As much as I would love to keep us isolated so that I have you all to myself, I know that you still have a life outside our fucked up relationship. What did Gale need?"

"It's happening again, Billy."

"What?"

"We were attacked, Billy. By someone in one of those stupid ass motherfucking costumes. Jennifer's house was blown up with Tom inside of it. We were almost killed."

"Jesus, Dia. Are you okay?"

"I'm not dead," I say.

"Are you home? I can be there in twenty minutes if I speed."

"I'm not home, Billy," I say. "I'm sitting in the parking lot at the police station." I hear him breath in and pause. "I'm not going to tell them that you're still alive. I'm waiting to get out and find Gale and Dewey inside."

"Are you hurt?" he asks after a pause.

"No, I'm okay," I say. "Just a few cuts and bruises. But I always seem to get those, don't I?" I sigh. "Okay, I have to go. I'll call you later, Billy. Gale and Dewey are waiting for me."

"Bye, Dia."

I hang up the phone and grab my coffee before getting out of the car and walking to the police station. I get inside and glance around before going down a hallway. I get into a room and push open doors that end at my hips, then walk into a room. People give me weird looks at I pop my head in the office.

"Dewey," I say, making him and Gale and a detective turn to me.

"Diana," Dewey says, coming over to me to hug me. "I'm glad you didn't get too hurt last night."

I smile when he releases me. "I should say that about you guys. You survive everything."

"So do you," Gale says as I drink my coffee. "Have you slept?"

I shake my head. "I was asleep for about three hours before you called me. I haven't slept since then, but I'm fine. I've survived forty-eight hours without sleep."

The detective clears his throat, then shoves past me, earning a rude look from me, and he gets in Dewey's face. "Where is Sidney Prescott?"

Dewey sighs in defeat, grabbing his phone. "I'll make a call," he says before leaving the room.

The detective turns to me and sits down. "Diana, is it?" I look at him weirdly before nodding. "What do you know about Billy Loomis? You did date him, right?"

I clear my throat. "Um, yes? I did date him. What has he got to do with anything? He's dead."

He shakes his head. "We're dealing with a killer here, Diana. You were close to one of the previous killers. I want to know what you know about him."

I shake my head and shrug. "What do you want to know? That he's a manipulator? At one point he turned my friends against me so that I could only talk to him when we were fighting. He's psychotic. Everyone knows that."

"You're still taking classes at Windsor, aren't you?"

I nod. "Yeah, a few times a week depending on the week. Why?"

"You're a psych major, isn't that right?"

I nod. "Yes, I am. And yes, I've looked back on Billy, and I've seen the signs. I knew there was something wrong with Mickey my freshman year of college. I don't know how much more I can possibly give you. I came here to help Dewey and Gale, not you."

Before he can say anything to me, Dewey says, "Detective Kincaid?" He knocks on the doorway.

"Yeah?" Kincaid asks.

"There's someone here who wants to help."

Dewey steps in the room, and Sid walks in after him. "Oh my God, Sidney," Gale says.

"Sid," I say, setting my coffee down before hugging her tightly. She squeezes me back

"Is the man fast or what?" Gale asks as I release Sid. "Hi."

"Hi, Gale," Sid says, hugging her. They both laugh. "I'm glad you're all right."

"Thank you," Gale says as she moves away from Sid.

"Sid, this is Detective Kincaid," Dewey introduces.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Sidney," Kincaid says, standing up to shake her hand.

"The killer called her," Dewey says.

"What? When?" Kincaid asks.

"What did he say?" Gale asks

Sid chuckles. "You sound just like D." She clears her throat. "You know, the usual small talk. What's new, how have you been, how do you wanna die?" She sets her bag down.

"Aw, the wonderful conversations with Ghostface," I say, putting my hand over my heart.

"Sidney, do you have any idea how he could've gotten your number?" Dewey asks. Sid shakes her head.

"He could have monitored her calls on a scanner," Kincaid says. "Did you call her from the set?"

"No," Dewey says.

"Do you have her number stored in your memory?" Gale asks. Dewey looks around, furrowing his brows. "Phone memory!"

"Oh, yeah, I guess I do."

"Has anyone else ever used your phone?" Gale asks.

"Just Jennifer." He turns to Kincaid. "And you."

"Hey, I'm the cop here. You're in my office, Riley." Kincaid rolls his eyes and walks over to Sid, who is looking at the pictures of her mom on the corkboard. "This killer leaves a photograph after each murder, Sidney," he explains to her.

"They were taken in Hollywood at the same studio that they're shooting Stab 3," Gale says.

Sid turns to Dewey and me. "Why didn't you guys tell me this? This is my mother, Dewey. Why didn't you say something?"

"I was afraid they were bait," Dewey says. "Something to, you know, trick you out of hiding."

"I don't see pictures of D's brother up here to trick her out," Sid says.

I clear my throat. "Well, I was never actually in hidin—"

"Sidney, was she an actress or a model?" Gale asks, cutting me off. "They look a lot like publicity stills."

"Uh, I don't know," Sid says. "Detective, I wanna see this place in the pictures."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."