Getting better?

Killua pinched the bridge of his nose, shutting his eyes, his headache worsening. "Ok, Freecss, tell me why you thought it was a good idea to bring me, THE MAN TRYING TO KILL YOU, to the place you sleep at night?" He looked back at Gon shaking his head. "You cant posibly be that dumb." Becoming so frustrated, Killua spoke in a whisper.

"I'm not dumb." Gon grumbled offendedly. "I just felt bad leaving you there, a bloody mess and all." He shrugged, wondering why Killua was so pressed about this. Walking back into the bathroom for a moment, he emerged with an elastic band in his hand. Moving behind Killua, with a leg on the couch, he grabbed the fluffy white hair. Tying the hair up in the ponytail, Gon refrained from commenting on how nice and soft it was. "Half the reason you couldn't see me during our fight was probably due to all this hair in your face." He said instead, moving to the front of Killua and brushing some of his bangs to the side. The assassin continued to just stare, eyes wide and lips pressed together pencil thin.

"You're fucking with me." Killua chuckled. "That's what this is. Mind games, right?" He looked at the other, praying to a God he doesn't believe in, to be right. Gon shook his head softly, his eyebrows crossed. Silence hung in the air for a while, as Killua mentally raced to find a logical answer. "YOU CAN'T FEEL BAD FOR THE PERSON WHO'S TRYING TO. KILL. YOU!"

"You don't need to yell. I doubt the walls are very thick." Gon looked around at the walls as he moved to the small kitchenette on the far end of the room from the door. He opened the fridge and stuck his head inside. His carefree nature towards the assassin baffled Killua.

"Ok then, what's stopping me from killing you, right here, right now?" He gave a catty smirk while he twirled some hair around his finger from his ponytail draped over his shoulder. Gon looked at him from the fridge, giving an equally egotistical smile.

"You can't kill me." He chuckled in a low voice.

"Oh? Why's that?" Killua squinted, keeping his smile. Getting up from the couch, he strutted to Gon with hands on his hips.

"Nothing is stopping you. You just can't, period. You lack the power, the strength." Keeping eye contact, Gon offered a cold water bottle to Killua, who took it for the sake of looking in control. "It hasn't been opened, I promise." He teased. As he took a bottle for himself, Gon stood fully and faced Killua. "'One Kill Per Day' huh?" He examined the large tattoo that reached from Killua's collar bone to his hip on the right side of his torso. "You haven't killed today yet, right?" Gon asked, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"No. Technically I've killed in the last 24 hours so... wait what time is it?" Killua spun to look for a clock.

"About 4:30." Gon answered, eyes unmoving from the assassin.

"Uh... yeah..." Killua looked back to the other, peeved that Gon had told him because Killua really wasn't asking. He gave Gon a slight glare. "...so you're safe, I guess. But it means more like 'the Zoldycks kill once a day,' not just me." Awkwardly Killua put his hand on the nape of his neck. The staleness in the air, Killua assumed, was from his anxiety. Just standing here with his target, whom he tried to kill some hours ago, put him on edge.

"I see. So who'd ya kill?" Gon's eyes lit up with curiosity, despite the morbid question. Killua looked at him, confused by the question. More so the way it was asked, honest interest. Gon wasn't trying to get information out of him, he was just curious.

"W-why do you want to know?" Killua stuttered, catching his laughter before it slipped.

"No particular reason. I guess I have a lot of questions for you."

"Really!?" Never in all his years as an assassin, has Killua had a target itching to ask a billion questions, like some fanboy. His shock and amusement escaped out in his smile. Delightful and innocent. No sarcastic smirks, no fake toothy grins. "Why?"