Chapter 19: Apologies

Start from the beginning

"If that wasn't a dream then... wasn't I supposed to be at Takeomi's place?" She could've sworn that she fell asleep while crying her eyes out at the movie mixed with the heavy feeling on her chest about the man in front of her now.

"He brought you home last night." He answered and he heard her gasp lightly and muttered under her breath.

"That traitor."

A smile threatened to show on his lips the moment he heard this. To him, the girl looked like a little girl who felt betrayed by her big brother over a silly thing. He then noticed that she was only staring at her food. He knew in an instant she's starting to feel uncomfortable when she started zoning out.

"You should eat." He pushed the plate full of her favourite breakfast closer to her end of the table and she snapped right out of her trance quickly and grabbed her chopsticks.

"Ah right!"

As they were near in finishing their food, he noticed the girl still hasn't taken a sip of her drink yet.

"Aren't you going to drink your coffee?" If he remembers it correctly, Y/N often drinks coffee before. He even chose her favourite blend. It was already getting cold when he asked the question. Y/N's brows shot up and she looked to the side to see the dark coloured drink beside her plate.

"Oh I'm kinda avoiding caffeine because I've been pretty vulnerable to anxiety attacks. Heart palpitations worsens it a lot." She hesitantly replied.  Sure, she drinks a few sometimes but it's always the light ones. The one Wakasa made for her made her gulp in nervousness seeing as just by the looks and smell of it, she can already tell how strong the coffee is.

His eyes widen at her response and cursed himself inwardly for not knowing that information about her.

"Oh sorry." At his apology, Y/N felt guilty when he lowered his eyes in shame while reaching out for the cup. Feeling her stubborn self kick in, she withdrew the cup to herself.

"No, it's okay! Nevermind! I'll drink it!" She said, getting the drink away from him.

"And what about your condition?" He frowned and tried to reach for the cup again but Y/N slapped his hand causing him to retreat.

"It'll just be temporary. You made it so it's just right for me to drink it." She smiled and placed the top of the cup against her lips as she took a small sip. But a hand stopped her from doing furthermore.

"You don't have to force yourself, you know. I can just drink it my own." He said, getting worried on how it can affect her.

"I have already decided and I'm not taking it back." She shook her head and stuck her tongue out at him like a spoiled child. It was as if she's forgotten the awkward atmosphere quickly that she's starting to act like herself again and Wakasa can only smile secretly at that thought.

"So stubborn." He shook his head and pulled back from her. "Fine."

They went on and continued eating with the girl taking sips from time to time, hoping to finish it quick. Taking the silence as an opportunity, he spoke up once again, wanting to deal with the uneasy feeling within him of not apologizing to the girl for what happened.

"Y/N." The girl looked up at him and he continued. "I'm sorry... for what I said yesterday. I was the one being selfish..." the girl coughed and looked at him as if he had started growing three heads. She quickly shook her head aggressively while waving both of her hands in front.

"Eh? It's fine! What are you even apologizing for? I'm supposed to be the one asking for forgiveness since I'm practically dragging you into my own mess. I didn't even think about the consequences before coming here." She placed her palms against each other in front of her and bowed her head at him. "Y-You're right. I was selfish. Sorry."

While she was at the Akashi's residence, she realized her mistake too. It was wrong of her to stay with him without him knowing the risks of doing so. And she couldn't blame him if he reacted that way. And now that she remembers it, she did plan something for today.

"I was planning on looking for a place today for me to stay so I can move out by tomorrow." At her words, he froze on his seat.

'Move out?'

His throat went dry and his chest tightened at the thought of her leaving this early. The girl stared at the food in front of her before sighing in disappointment.

"Ahhh sorry. I don't think I'll be able to keep my promise to eat with you everyday." She scratched the back of her head like a troubled kid and laughed awkwardly.

Wakasa only wanted to know more. He only wanted to know the truth. And yet he was greeted with her decision of moving out. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out as it only led him to shutting up. He wanted to tell her to stay. Takeomi's words then rang in his head and his heart sank, finally realizing what his friend meant.

"I hope you reflect on that or she won't lean on you again."

He opened his mouth once again to speak. However as soon as he found his voice, different words slipped out of his tongue that caused the girl's heart to shatter, thinking he wasn't bothered even a bit by the idea of her leaving.

"It's fine."