Chapter 17: Veeery Insensitive

Start from the beginning

Suddenly feeling something off, Wakasa frowned.

"Why do I feel like you already know about this?"

"What if indeed I do?" Takeomi answered without any hesitation and Wakasa tightened his grip on his phone, feeling annoyed at this. He thought Y/N trusted him and yet she chose to hide it from him and share it with Takeomi instead. Once again, a part of him felt betrayed at her actions.

"Was that what you talked with her earlier?" He breathed out. He already knows the answer to his question yet he somehow wanted a confirmation, remembering how the two acted earlier.

"That doesn't matter—!!" Takeomi didn't even get to finish his sentence when a sudden squeal echoed across the room, followed by something falling to the floor.

"AAAHHHH!!" It alarmed him in an instant when he heard Y/N panicking. Peeking on the other side of the room, he saw the girl running towards him with Senju following behind her trying to keep her cool yet clearly panicking in silence. "OMII!!" The two girls went to grab onto his arm like little kids and pointed at the living room, out of breath. "Cockroach."

Hearing Y/N's voice on the other line, Wakasa felt his heart drop. Takeomi just lied to him too. But it wasn't his concern anymore whether he chose to hide it from him. He was more worried to know how the girl is doing after what happened between them.

"Takeomi... is that Y/N?" Takeomi's and Y/N's eyes widen when they heard Wakasa's voice still on the phone, realizing they completely forgot about him. Y/N quickly shook her head aggressively, telling him not to say anything about her and the man was quick to catch it when he nod his head in response.

"No, I should hang up now." Wakasa started to panic. He wanted to ask his friend to put the girl on the phone to at least make sure of something. However, the man didn't give him the chance to do so when he quickly ended the call.

"No! Wai—!!" He can only curse to himself when only the beeping sound responded to his words. He tried to control his anger by taking deep breaths, convincing himself that the girl is safe and there's no need for him to worry. But a part of him just can't stop feeling irritated, knowing she's leaning more on another man than him when he could've sworn that he's always been her second before Shin.

He can't help but curse himself for being complicated and for thinking that way.

"Idiot! I thought you didn't want him to know you're here." Takeomi frowned as he walked into the living room, looking for this cockroach that the girls were squealing at.

"But the—waaaahh!!" Y/N didn't get to finish her explanation when the roach had made appearance and started to fly around the room. "It's flying! It's flying! Kill it, Takeomi! Kill it!!" She kept pulling the back of his shirt in a strong grip, restricting him from moving and Senju didn't help either when she did the same behind the girl, causing the both of them to move forward and back repeatedly and almost losing their balance at the continuous yet non-syncing motion.

"Ow! Stop tha—!!" He tried to stop them when they've been sweating from side to side because of their panicking state that he can't even do a single thing to get the cockroach away from them. But it was too late when Y/N threw a slipper at the cockroach and it caused it to fly over to their direction, causing them to push and pull each other in panic.

"Eeeeckkk!!"

Finally in the end, he was able to kill it and he sighed loud, seeing the squashed body of the pest on the floor.

"Eww! That's disgusting." Y/N commented with a distorted face while watching her friend clean up the mess. He looked at her as if she just said the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"You react as if you don't kill living beings." Takeomi replied when he was sure Senju wasn't around.

"Mafia members can't fly! Roaches can!" She pointed at it and he could've sworn he saw her shiver when her eyes landed on the dead cockroach. "Those wings and legs give me the creeps."

He chuckled at her and shook his head, amused at the girl's behaviour.

"Anyway, is everything ready?" He nod his head to the TV pertaining to the movie they're about to watch for the night and her face brightened before nodding her head with enthusiasm.

"It's ready!"

She wanted to push her problems aside for the night and it seems like approaching the siblings was the right choice when she felt distracted enough to not pay attention to what happened.

Even when she's fully aware that her tears that night weren't really caused by the heartbreaking scenes playing on the screen.

___________
Author's Note:
I can imagine how stupid the three of them look astdjcrhvdj T^T