"Is something important going on today?" I asked as Nagol carried me over to his car and helped me into the passenger's side. As he put my crutches in the backseat, he answered, "I think there's a concert tonight that will be going pretty late. Some popular new band. We can swing by if you want afterward. They seem pretty good, but I've only heard them on the radio."

I wasn't really one to listen to random music, or much music at all, but going back to the apartment after his shift didn't sound that great, so I just nodded as he sat down in the driver's seat and glanced over.

"Great, we'll go check it out after my shift. It's a short one, and I think my boss actually has a few extra tickets since we helped promote the show."

"Cool."

I really didn't have anything else to say and since Nagol was in such a rush, he focused completely on driving. The silence was comforting. Besides, I'd been on my own for awhile after having lost my pack, so having to suddenly deal with Nagol twenty-four seven was kind of a stimulation overload. Letting my head lean back, I took a few deep breaths and relaxed, closing my eyes. When the car stopped around fifteen minutes later, I blinked my eyes open to see a small but attention-grabbing sign in neon white reading Butler's. A slight hint of unease settled in my belly, but when Nagol parked, then walked around to help me out and onto my crutches, I didn't mention it. I was actually pretty glad I hadn't and surprised when we walked into the establishment and it was actually nowhere near as sleazy as I had thought it would be. In fact, there really wasn't any sleaze in the whole place. The butler theme was subtle yet apparent, but not a single guest was misbehaving and there was only one stage, no poles, and minimal dancing.

"Not what you expected?"

Hearing Nagol's voice near my ear made me jump and grumble a little, getting a quiet laugh from him as he walked slightly ahead of me toward an empty table off to the side. It was clear that it wasn't going to be used since it wasn't set up with any silverware, so I quickly made my way over to it and sat down, setting my crutches against the wall to my left once comfortable.

"Honestly, no," I finally replied, getting another chuckle from him.

He disappeared for a moment into what looked to be the entrance to the kitchen, reemerging a few moments later with a glass of ice water and a man tailing him. When he got close enough, I took the water and set it down on the table after taking a sip. The man, who I assumed was his boss, introduced himself and we shook hands, but then he quickly pulled Nagol away and toward the entrance of the restaurant.

Right. He got called in for work and is the bouncer.

Figuring that I had awhile before he would be coming back, I scanned the restaurant portion of the club, then began taking mental notes. I planned to pay him back for the money I owed him by working, and since this place looked a lot better than I thought it would, I'd be more than happy to do the basic labor he said they needed until my debt was repaid. Throughout the next several hours, people came and went, but I never stared at anyone for more than a minute so that I didn't disturb them. The restaurant ran pretty smoothly and even the bar, which got busier as day shifted to night, was handled fairly well.

I was so focused on the swift movements of the two bartenders, a young woman and older man, that I jumped when Nagol suddenly slid into the booth across from me, looking a bit mussed and possibly a little frustrated. The frown he was trying hard to hide made it all the more better, making me smirk as I felt a bit of playfulness push through my normally-salty attitude.

"Looks like you've had your fun outside," I said, watching as he scoffed and finished off the water he'd brought me when we'd first gotten there. I'd drank nearly all of it, so I didn't care if he finished it. It looked like he needed about three anyway, and maybe a few beers. Leaning his elbow on the table, he rested his head against his hand and gave a huge sigh.