Jounin Exam Starts

Welcome back to the chapter 98 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

The door of Uzumaki Naruto's apartment was closed as the owner of said apartment left. After all Today was the day of the Jounin examination.

New Year came and ended in a flash as Naruto used that time to rest and stay home much to the disappointment of everyone. However Naruto still received calls from Kurenai and Anko now and then making his time at home less boring.

Naruto was prepared he stored all of his equipment inside a scroll. He needed to be prepared for anything because he could not miss this chance.

He was walking though the shopping district. It looked almost empty because people started to wake up and start their day.

As he walked he saw Ayame standing in front of her and her dad's ramen shop.

She looked worried and brightened up a bit when she saw Naruto.

"Ayame" Naruto smiled as he walked to his long-time friend who smiled and hugged him.

The two hugged each other relishing the feeling "I can't believe it Naruto. You're really going to become a Jounin" Ayame smiled as the two let go of each other.

Naruto nodded looking a bit serious "Not yet but I will hopefully" Ayame nodded as she looked confident now "no you will. I know you will" Naruto smiled "thanks Ayame it means a lot to me that you're with me" the waitress nodded as she felt proud that she was his friend "of course! I'm always here" Naruto smiled gratefully he really was indebted to have her as a friend.

The Uzumaki now looked at the sun as it was rising now. Ayame noticed and frowned a bit "you're going right" the blond Uzumaki nodded "yeah...the exam will start as soon as I get there"

Ayame looked a bit sad now which got her friends attention "what's wrong Ayame-chan"

Ayame looked at Naruto's thoughtful expression and bit her lips "I...I hope you will be okay" Ayame then found the floor appealing as she looked down.

She suddenly felt Naruto grab hold of her shoulders softly getting her to flinch a bit "Ayame I'll be okay. Nothing will happen alright"

Ayame nodded sadly when Naruto hugged her surprising the girl as she blushed.

"I will be back and when I do...you will see me wearing that vest" Naruto spoke softly making Ayame whimper a bit "you....you promise you'll be okay"

Naruto smiled "I promise"

Ayame nodded but still felt something bad was going to happen.

Forty-Fourth Training Ground

The Jounins and Yugao with Jiraiya and Tsunade all were in front of the forest of death. They were waiting for Naruto to arrive.

The teachers of the rookie nine were all waiting with anticipation each with different thoughts.

Kurenai looked worried as although she trained Naruto for the exams she was scared for his safety.

Gai looked stoic as for some reason he felt that this exam will be tough for his blond apprentice.

Asuma knew this exam will be tough for Naruto and wanted to see if he could pass.

Yugao waited as well but inwardly couldn't believe how fast Naruto climbed up the hierarchy.